• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd behavior with new system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

/\\/3|2o

I just built a totally new system and im getting some odd video behavior.

First off, when the system boots up I get some weird dashed lines that cover the screen durring post. The same thing happens when Windows is booting up and the "loading bar" is cycling through.

I figured, okay I need to install the drivers. So I install the onboard NIC drivers, go to nvidia's site, download the drivers and attempt to install them. The installation process gets about half way through and then my computer hard reboots. So then I tried to install the drivers that came on the CD. Still, same thing. The system reboots. Then I tried to install the drivers through the "add new hardware" wizard through windows. Same thing.

Anyone know what I can do? Here are the specs.

Gigabyte DS3 - E6400 - 2gb G.SKILL ddr2-800 - EVGA 7950GT (I am using the adapter that it comes with so I can use my monitor. I think its a digital to analog adapter:confused: )

Thanks guys!

well, i just got off the phone with evga tech support (what the heck are they doing up at 2 in the morning?!?!) and he said i might have a bad video card.

this SUCKS. I wanna play games :( :( :(

okay, I know this isnt a very interesting topic but I have 1 last question. What else can I try to make sure it is absolutely the video card? Are there any other drivers that may be causing the problem? Any "motherboard" drivers(chipset)? I just want to make sure that it is the Video card before I send it off for an rma. Cause I sure as heck dont want to get a new card then have the same problem over again...

Back