• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok maniacs.. what ddr600 should i get???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

Finally finshed up the laundry room. the furnace is on order.. Now its time to break out the prommy,finish moddin out my abit and get ready to KRANK!! the cpu ran like 340/345 b4 with the old abit i blew up, so thats ok.. now i need to make a decision on some HArdcoRE ddr600. heres a list ive compiled.Which one should i buy??
1. Komusa ddr600 adata hyperram - tccd
2. Gskill pc4800 -tccd
3. ocz elpc4400 gold- hynix??
4. pqi pc4500 turbo - hynix??
5. ocz el pc4200 gold- tccd
6 or anything else u guys can think of.. remeber price aint an issue, im looking for the absolute fastest...

I would expect you to have good results with any of them, but I'll narrow it down to three, if I was choosing.

#1 - Komusa (you've got a history with them, after all)
#2 - GSkill 4800 (new kid on the block...trying real hard to get attention)
#5 - OCZ 4200 (after all...this is OCZ, what else do you need to know)

All TCCD and hopefully, all well speed binned.

Which brings me to a question. If the OCZ 4200 is speed binned TCCD then does that mean that the newer PC3200 (TCCD) is now the leftovers that didn't make the grade?

Reefa_Madness said:
I would expect you to have good results with any of them, but I'll narrow it down to three, if I was choosing.

#1 - Komusa (you've got a history with them, after all)
#2 - GSkill 4800 (new kid on the block...trying real hard to get attention)
#5 - OCZ 4200 (after all...this is OCZ, what else do you need to know)

All TCCD and hopefully, all well speed binned.

Which brings me to a question. If the OCZ 4200 is speed binned TCCD then does that mean that the newer PC3200 (TCCD) is now the leftovers that didn't make the grade?

thnx, as for the ocz i think the same thing is happening as with the early hynix.. when pc4000 first came out it was the fastest, then they speed graded it to faster levels ie pc4400. i think thats whats happening now. the tccd used in the pc4200 probably runs great hi speed but maybe not real well at 2.2.2.5...

At this point money is of secondary impotance, yes ive seen some of those screenies of 325+. but believe me, finding a set of memory that runs in DUAL CHANNEL that fast is as rare as hens teeth. with the tccd its getting closer. hopefully soon

Flapperhead, I have no idea what your system is. Can you post your specs and overclock for a minute. I just realized that I have no idea what system you run although I'm guessing P4 with maybe a 2.4C or something given your need for DDR600.

right now its a tame p4c800 e deluxe and a ..2.4c. im in the middle of modding out my spare ic7 (extra capacitors/vdimm/vtt./vdd/vagp). with a prommy. b4 i stupidly ruined my other modded ic7 i was getting around 340 max.. soon as i finish ill post some pix if u like....

Back