• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old K7T Turbo question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Starfire_MK2

I've got an Athlon XP 1800+ in my K7T Turbo, which has been burned in for months. I know how to unlock the CPU, but I'm wondering if there's much point, as 1800+ is the maximum this board is rated to handle. Has anyone gone over the 1800+ mark with this board? If so, what voltage are you using?
Thanks in advance.
Edit:
Well, I've tried pushing the ratio up to bump it beyond and XP1800+ and it boots, but shows it as a 7xx mhz at boot-up. Any thoughts? Should I try closing bridges on the CPU to force it as a 1900+?

Last edited:
Starfire_MK2 said:
I've got an Athlon XP 1800+ in my K7T Turbo, which has been burned in for months. I know how to unlock the CPU, but I'm wondering if there's much point, as 1800+ is the maximum this board is rated to handle. Has anyone gone over the 1800+ mark with this board? If so, what voltage are you using?
Thanks in advance.
Edit:
Well, I've tried pushing the ratio up to bump it beyond and XP1800+ and it boots, but shows it as a 7xx mhz at boot-up. Any thoughts? Should I try closing bridges on the CPU to force it as a 1900+?

Use a CPUID checker, like wcpuid or gcpuid or CPU-Z to check ur real speed. If u sucessfully changed the ratio/multiplier and the change appears in a cpu speed checker, u do not need to unlock it.

If your manual voltage adjustment in the bios goes to 1.5v u can use any socket A cpu.

Also if u want to have a multiplier higher than 12.5, u need to do a pin mod (preferable and easier) or a bridge mod.

I would OC this board as high as it will be stable. These older boards can do CPUs that aren't approved, and they OC them very very high. My Asus A7M266 (AMD 760 chipset, 686B SB) was never approved for tbreds (a or b) or bartons, but I used a barton and OCed it to ~2260 at 1.85v in that board, 1.85v is the highest the board could. ~2260 is prime95 stable 4 hrs.

I wouldn't worry at all. Especially since ur board is 133 compatible. I wouldn't FSB OC on that board much cuz its not PCI locked, I would only multiplier OC. Just treat the board like it isn't old generation and OC and max everything as long as u are stable under load (prime95).

Back