• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG - I Just Discovered “Alexa Cast”

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
So - on a whim I downloaded the AlexaMusic app. I have a Prime account, and wanted to see if I could play music on my phone from Amazon...check.

But, while poking around, I discovered “Alexa Cast”

With the AlexaMusic app, you can play the music to individual or grouped Echo devices! Also, from my iPhone, I can play to AirPlay devices as well!

Holy crap!

However, you can’t play to AirPlay and Echo devices as the same time though.

When you group the Echo devices (you do this in the Amazon Alexa app), the music is even synchronized well between devices.

Wow - bravo Amazon!

FYI, the app for controlling Echo devices (which includes your whole Amazon Music library, though I've never used it for local playback on the phone) is Amazon Alexa. The app for Amazon Music on your phone outside of Echo devices is Amazon Music. If you installed some app actually titled "AlexaMusic", I'd remove it ASAP because it is likely malware.

IMNSHO the coolest feature they've added recently (to go with the "Echo Sub") is 2.1 groups for stereo + sub, but I'll never use it, given I have real speakers when I want to listen to stuff in quality :p

Yeah - meant AmazonMusic.

Just ordered 4 Sonos Play 1 speakers...will see if they sound as good as the hype.

Back