• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG the RaT is going water......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rat, be careful with those cheap plastic barbs on the res. They don't seal real well. And might want to check how others do the fittings on it. Dunno if thats a valid way for the fittings for the res to work.

Please use some sort of clamps.

I've got clamps and no, that's not how you set up the res. The top is a fill point. It did say the barbs might leak if you tighten too hard. I'm gonna do some intense leak testing before I put the loop inside the case. Plenty more pics to follow.

Hey, those fan look like mine. Delta 3400 rpm?
Could be.... I got these from Paul in the For Sale section. :D

This is what his f/s thread says:

Brand New Delta 120mm x 25mm AFB1212SH Case Fans
3400RPM
113 CFM
12v, .53A
46.5 Db/a
wired with 3 pin header

I'll use three on a fan controller. Those fans can get loud. We'll see how high I can stand them. :D

Here's another picture of the goodies.

Attachments

• BE2.jpg
    BE2.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 126
I've decided to use my Rocketfish case which was just sitting in a box. I got it when they were mad cheap so I won't lose sleep if I jack it up while modding it. :thup:

Attachments

• BE3.jpg
    BE3.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 123
Top has been cut and is now ready to accept the radiator. :thup:

Attachments

• BE4.jpg
    BE4.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 122
The rad is in place. What next?

Attachments

• BE5.jpg
    BE5.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 124
Feels like the worst is over. I'm please with how it turned out. I'm not really going for the hot rod look of some of my past cases. Just clean and effective.

Attachments

• BE6.jpg
    BE6.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 160
That's looking great HousERaT! Sorry I missed the thread originally. Congrats on the liquid. Welcome to the dark side. :D

Sweet ! Looking good! The PHN Nuke we mention is a one time addition. 4 drops per liter. You should be fine with 2-4 real silver barbs though. I like the PHN, it gives me right away biocide. I still have a killcoil in my loops. Takes a while for the silver to do it's work. Thats based on no data, just how I feel.

Know your rig will be leak free and sweet.

I'll be using the pure silver fittings on the rad and I have a silver coil in the res. Should be enough to keep new organisms from growing. :thup:

Looks really good RaT! I was debating wether or not to cut my top as well for my 320 but decided against it and just mounted my rad in the back with a radbox. I remember seeing several members hack the top of their Rocketfish, then searching for replacement tops when they wanted to go back to air cooling. Replacement tops for the Rocketfish are extremely rare to find, thus is why I did'nt hack mine up.

Looks really good RaT! I was debating wether or not to cut my top as well for my 320 but decided against it and just mounted my rad in the back with a radbox. I remember seeing several members hack the top of their Rocketfish, then searching for replacement tops when they wanted to go back to air cooling. Replacement tops for the Rocketfish are extremely rare to find, thus is why I did'nt hack mine up.

That's an easy fix though. Just replace the rad with fans. The way mine is cut the holes are the same. Or if you don't want the extra cooling get a piece of plexi or clear plastic for a top window.

Now the loop is complete and I'm leak testing before I put everything in the case.

Attachments

• BE7.jpg
    BE7.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 137
and one last look at the clean inside

Attachments

• BE9.jpg
    BE9.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 134
That's a very nice looking, clean loop you have there. All internal is a nice bonus too. Now, show us how good you are at cable management and keep it that clean. ;)

Back