• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opty 148 stuck at 267x11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

primuslesler

Ok i have an opteron 148 CAB2E and i cant get it past 2.937Ghz

I have the RAM at DDR266 and 2.8V 2.5-4-4-8
The CPU is 267x11 at 1.8V
HTT multiplier is 3x

I'm not sure what else to do to get a higher clock i was hoping for at least 3.0ghz but i would need 273x11 to obtain that

Sometimes you just hit a wall, no matter how much you want it you can't have it!!! You could try lowering the ram even more, and going with 300x10.... it's worth a shot!

um yeah dont run 1.8V.. you risk killing that CPU awefully quickly. youve followed the instructions on that thread about burning in? if so, then you could try using a different multi/htt combination, and if all that fails, then chances are youve hit a wall with your current cooling.

Careface*

im doing CPUburn now and CPUstress

with both running my temps are at 45C and everything is at Stock right now

d4037b1b.jpg

im not sure which options to use for CPUburn ive never used it before

man, 1.8v on air... you're crazy :p what are you using for cooling right now? if you're on stock, then 2.9Ghz is pretty good for stock cooling IMO. i would suggest getting a new hs/f if you're hitting 45c load @ stock speeds. that seems a lil high to me, unless you're on stock then that would be about right.

Yep im on stock... figured it would be a waste to buy a good after market heatsink when im getting watercooling hopefully soon after my B-Day. i have $60 from a lottery ticket i found on the ground :D and I'm guessing about $100 for my B-Day from friends

160$ isnt much when it comes to a nice water cooling set up, good setups cost about 200-260$ depending on how nice yours is going to be.

Your gonna own that CPU with 1.8v...most people agree on 1.6v as a max on air...good luck.

yeah i hope you change it soon really, 1.8V on water is still pushing it.. but 1.8V on stock air? Youre -ASKING- for it to die lol. Im usually pretty relaxed about safe voltages, ill regularily put more voltage than i should, but really 1.8V and dual core on stock cooling? Uggh, you live dangerously lol

Careface*

well i was hesitant to even up the voltage with stock air and a friend from OCF said 1.8V would be perfectly fine and i gave in and did it... don't worry it wasnt at 1.8V for more than a minute because it wouldnt post at 268 so i cleared CMOS and got lazy for the night and played some WarRock

i'm guessin they meant 1.8v for socket A chips. its a good thing it wasn't at 1.8v for too long, otherwise you probly would've had a dead chip. but anyways, good luck at getting 3GHz out of that chip. just make sure you keeps your voltage at a reasonable level lol

primuslesler said:
Ok i have an opteron 148 CAB2E and i cant get it past 2.937Ghz

I have the RAM at DDR266 and 2.8V 2.5-4-4-8

The ram is ddr266 or ddr333 (pc3200)???

Mito said:
The ram is ddr266 or ddr333 (pc3200)???
he means its on a 266 dividor (at least thats what i'm assuming). so the memory is running 2/3 of what the HTT is set at. so his memory would be running at 267*2/3*2(ddr) so he is running at ~ ddr356 speeds. ddr333 is pc2700 speeds, ddr400 is pc3200 :)

Spion said:
he means its on a 266 dividor (at least thats what i'm assuming). so the memory is running 2/3 of what the HTT is set at. so his memory would be running at 267*2/3*2(ddr) so he is running at ~ ddr356 speeds. ddr333 is pc2700 speeds, ddr400 is pc3200 :)

he is correct i dont know the ratios for dividers so i just put 266

Back