• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ordered new computer need cooling advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThunderSpirit

Registered
I just ordered one of these http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=361729593083&globalID=EBAY-US for calibrating, stacking, and processing astronomical images in a program called pixinsight. This program runs all of the cores at max and as I understand from other users, heat is the biggest bottleneck when waiting for a stack to process. I was hoping that some more experienced users on here could help me identify any apparent weakpoints in the cooling abilities of this pc. Do i need to add fans or upgrade any components? I would like to go ahead and order anything else while Im waiting for it to ship. Thanks

If it's stock and you're planning to run it at stock speeds then it'll be fine as-is.

Hope it's actually a 5960X in there, as far as I can tell the highest spec from HP is a 6700...

I think the 'se' pertains to a different line maybe? As finding that as a suffix leads to X99 based chips, though the one I found had a listed 5820k.

Back