• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D4NTE

Registered
Overclock:

Fsb was 200 i made it 230
hypertransport was 1000 mhz i made it 800 mhz
rams were 800 mhz i made it 667 mhz and made memory timings as 6-6-6-18 2T

voltage is stock 1.3V

Proccessor:

Amd Athlon 64 X2 4200+

Mobo:

Biostar TA690G

Ram:

2x KVR800D2N6 1G ram

Problem:

After 2 minutes game is closing.I checked temparatures there was no problem.what is wrong ?

You are not giving the CPU enough voltage (what we call "vcore" around here). If 1.3v is stock and you have ramped the FSB up from 200 to 230 then you are now making your CPU go considerably faster than it was at stock speed. You need to give it more voltage to support the higher CPU speed. It's just like your body. If you are only walking your oxygen/energy demands are not great but if your start to run a race you will need to give your muscles more oxygen and energy. When you make a CPU go faster you need to supply it with more electrical energy. Try 1.35 vcore.

Please download and install these three freeware programs:

CPU-z
HWMonitor
Prime95

These are programs we use constantly around here to help us overclock. CPU-z gives us lots of information about your hardware and bios settings. HWMonitor gives lots of information about system voltages and temperatures. CPU-z we use to put our systems under stress in order to check the stability of our overclock settings.

Last edited:
Back