• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclockable dual socket (2cpu) systems... what is out there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tecton3d

Registered
Hey all,

I do a lot of heavy 3d modeling and rendering and am looking for an "enthusiast" and overclockable dual cpu platform. I'm having trouble finding anything other than the EVGA SR-2 system which, when spec'd with other components, comes to around $2300, which is more than I'd ideally like to spend.

Does anyone know of other dual cpu systems similar to the SR-2? I'm interested in both AMD and Intel options.

Thanks! :beer:

Subscribed, as I'm interested as well. We should wait for the new Bulldozer boards to come out. I'm hoping there is a good one.

Subscribed, as I'm interested as well. We should wait for the new Bulldozer boards to come out. I'm hoping there is a good one.

indeed - I have very high expectations for Bulldozer from what I can gather though I am very disappointed in the amount of quality benchmark information available at this point... d

nonetheless, I'm fairly confident that an 8core Bulldozer would render phenomenally well but was concerned about the single-thread performance until I found this video (see @ 2:30):

slightly OT, but I just realized this forum is designed to also work on mobile devices!

Thank you overclockers.com!

Back