• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocked PCs blamed for Windows crashes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aslan

I would think that If one is purposly overclocking, like most of us here, then that would be expected until everything has been running stable. why report it anyway. As far as those who purchased from a shop thinking they had something faster than it should be(possibly), then the shop has some legal problems to worry about.
Most of the crashes I get now are because of someting I had done, and can not really blame it on Microshaft.
OC'ing and Crashes are expected, why report them.

meh yea they blame overclocking for this but when you really read it what you see is something along the lines of "guns don't kill people, people kill people" overclocking is just the device....to me it seems more like he's blaming these places for overclocking..it's those computer shops doing sub par work that should be put in their place....besides what serious OCer really sends that sort of stuff in... personally i have it set to not even ask me....

I send in those reports on PCs where I know it was a software crash, and not because of something that was caused by human error/action (I support about 100 PCs at work). It's good to know that they are actually read by somebody.

The guy wasn't blaming most Windows crashes on OCing, he was blaming a certain type of unexplainable crash on OCing, and one of the things he was upset about is that some of the people experiencing these crashes allegedly didn't know that their PCs were overclocked. Perhaps it was sold to them that way by unscrupulous PC vendors, perhaps their kid was experimenting with the PC without the parent's knowledge, or perhaps they were just built wrong.

Anyway, it was an interesting read.

PCI at 53 mhz!!! LOL. There's a fat chance that can occur without damaging the HDDs and CD drives.

PC Pro: News said:
There's a lot of overclocking out there, and it makes Windows look bad.

Dont need overclocking to do that LoL :santa:

just kidding really.. its got its prob.. but i havent had many with my OS..

Which is Xp pro

Back