• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Escapades: socket 939 Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego (E4)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You'll get there. I have no doubt. Keep it fun. :)

I have a little doubt of that.

I might be able to make 3.1GHz on air, but I don't think I have any BH-5 that can run those clocks at that frequency on air. Winbond BH-5 overclocking is not one of my strong suits after all, I usually stick to Samsung TCCD.

My best was 28.375s with my FX-57.

I have a little doubt of that.

I might be able to make 3.1GHz on air, but I don't think I have any BH-5 that can run those clocks at that frequency on air. Winbond BH-5 overclocking is not one of my strong suits after all, I usually stick to Samsung TCCD.
Didn't need it to get by my UCB score. Good job. :thup:

Didn't need it to get by my UCB score. Good job. :thup:

Thank you. *takes a small bow*

Well, the last time I tested with BH-5 I found the decreased latencies and increased bandwidth didn't help much on UCBench. I didn't really see any gains at all with the same clock speeds against other memory types.

I dare say you don't make it easy to beat your scores. A difficult opponent I must say.

I'm still trying to beat the leader with their 86 MPT score. Haven't quite managed it yet though. I had one run at 85MPT (which I unfortunately didn't get a screenshot of). Everything since then wants to run 78-82MPT for some reason though, I get an occasional 83 and the odd 84, but nothing higher. Thing I can't figure out is why when I benchmarked my 3200+ Venice it did so much better at the same clock speed. I was getting 84-88 easy with that one, and with a lot of effort and repeated runs I eventually got a 90.6. I would think the 3700+ would get better runs, with the greater cache and all. Although I did get those good 3200+ runs with Windows 7 and not XP. *scratches head* I fear I may have to get another drive and load up 7.

Even at 3.1GHz I'm hitting the same numbers as at 3.0GHz. I'm stumped as to why.

I've got some of my BH-5 in my rig now. Improved my SuperPi 1m time by about half a second for around 27.6.

I'm maxed out on my CPU clock speed at 3135MHz though, the only thing that can help me now is more bandwidth and lower latencies (and maybe getting a lucky run).

This thing really didn't want to scale much past 3.1GHz, it tries to boot at 3.15GHz, but quickly blue screens as soon as it starts to load the desktop. 3.2GHz just gives me a blank black screen once I get past POST.

Last edited:
Boot at 3.1 and clockgen it up some more after you're in windows. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, I've already tried that though. 'Tis how I got to 3135, anything beyond that isn't stable and it quickly blue screens and shuts down or just locks up altogether.

Behaves the same as trying to boot into the OS after setting clocks in the bios, so no gains for me that way.

It needs more voltage, and more COLD. I can supply the voltage, but I'm not set up to run an SS, DICE, LN2, or LHE. I could give it the voltage, but it wouldn't be able to handle it without lower temps, I'm hitting 50°C+ during benchmark runs as it is.

Last edited:
I'm getting a 3700, can't let you bench 939 without me :p

Well, good to know I'm not benching it alone. ;)

I'm about out of chips to bench on 939 now actually. Might have to move on to another socket soon. Probably 754 since I've been wanting to get my board set up to run again anyway, or perhaps AM2 since I have two or three CPU's laying around now for it. There's also LGA775, got two or three I haven't run on it yet.

I've ran just about all of my single cores (save for one that just came in), and benched all of my dual cores save for my Athlon 64 X2 4800+. Covered almost all of the Venice core CPU's, and the non-FX San Diego CPU's.

Now I'm just going back through and re-running old CPU's for Cinebench, since the benchmark wasn't on HWBOT when I benched these.

Still got my 3500+ and 4000+ Clawhammers (need to find a 3800 to complete the collection :D), and my 4000+ San Diego (which I seem to have lost the screen shot for, since I just had it in my rig a couple weeks ago to run this very benchmark). There's also my FX-57 that I have to go back to again, come to think of it.

Then it's on to the Opteron 146 I picked up recently.

Back