• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking HIS R9 270 safe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i5750

Registered
Hello to other fellow AMD users, I have a HIS R9 270 iPower IceQ X² Model#H270QM2G2M, And I am needing to know from other R9 270 or 7870 users if running my GPU would be safe to run constantly overclocked from it's stock 925mhz to 1050mhz for gaming. I leave the fan alone on auto and it still does not get past 58c under load at that clock speed, It may sometimes get up to 60c for brief periods, But would running it overclocked like that cause harm overtime? I do not want to harm it and have to dish out more money, But running it overclocked at 1050mhz gives it a very good performance boost, It is almost like a different card overclocked.

As long as temps are in check you are fine running at what ever speeds you can. heat and voltage are the two things that can damage a card over time. It can run forever with the temps you are reporting. :)

Ok I used Heaven bench and it ran 58c , I have not tried overclocking my V-Ram yet because of the card's cooler. Some idiot thought it would be a good idea to design a GPU cooler with no V-Ram heatsinks. LOL It is a shame too because it has Hynix chips. My first one had Elpida, which is weird, Anyway after my RMA with Newegg my new one was exactly the same but had the Hynix chips. I had no idea AMD used both until that day.

Back