• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking Ryzen 5900x or not

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenecus

I asked this question on a separate thread, but being new to Ryzen OC and based on my own experience in the past week or two, it seems that for gaming and general office work, OC Ryzen and losing boost, even for 47x or even 48x is just not worth it outside of synthetic benchmarks....

What's the general consensus on OC X570/Ryzen 9?

If you are not doing work that can take advantage of all cores going full out, ie software that can load up all cores and take advantage of them the a max OC is not the way to go. Look into PBO Overclock.

If you are not doing work that can take advantage of all cores going full out, ie software that can load up all cores and take advantage of them the a max OC is not the way to go. Look into PBO Overclock.

The only thing I do that really stresses the CPU is gaming, I could care less if my video rendering or Adobe Lightroom take an additional 30 seconds to finish, it's not work, it's just a hobby.
I have no idea what PBO OC is, but will look into it. Thank you sir :salute:!

Back