• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overheated sound card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mathersalan

Ok, after getting everything good with my new video card
I was trying to make air flow increase for it..so i moved my exhaust fan & sound card to the last PCI slot on my Aspire Turbo case..put everything back togethor and blah.. started a game called DF:BHD.. 20 min later.. i started hearing these strange weird noises.. like a old Nintendo game but pitchy high toned sounds when on just on the windows screen with nothing else running.. and it kept doing weird things to my win sound control dialog..and my microphone was turned off on the control..and can still talk through it! creepy.. but still could hear very weird stuff.. and when i pressed mute on the dialog...it crashed the sound control dialog.. so i unplugged the microphone & headphones and everything went back to normal.. but i took out the sound card and used the MOBO's onboard sound card and now everything's fine..

Is it possible that I damaged the sound card? even though its a $40 1 from Wal-Mart

Just curious :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back