• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P.h.3.3.r.!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cerberus2k7

Drifto Mexicano
Ok, It's actually F.E.A.R.

Can't remember if I made a thread for this game before, but it still looks really promising, I saw a video and some screenies and I was drooling on myself :eek: Its still not coming out for a while, which I don't like because I dun wanna wait! Anyone have some other vids of this game? I WANNA SEE!!! :sn:

What's up w/ the little girl in like, every shot?

Those screenies look really nice, actually. I wonder what the hardware requirements are? Have there been any officially released?

Oni said:

Those screenies look really nice, actually. I wonder what the hardware requirements are? Have there been any officially released?

Looks like it's trying to play off what they did w/ The Ring (movie). FEAR's supposed to be about some group of specialized police agency that investigates paranormal activities. (Ghost SWAT :p) So it seems to me, since the Ring came out freaky little kids are becoming a standard for scary movies, and now games too, it seems.

Oni said:

IGN said:
Regardless, F.E.A.R. isn't all about action. It's also about the creepy girls walking around killing things with their minds...

But the real creepiness comes not from big scary monsters, but from a tiny female child. Visions begin happening halfway through the level, showing glimpses of the creepy little child ala The Shining, but things suddenly get considerably worse. After finding a room completely covered in blood and full of various body parts, and having another flash of creepiness with different sound, dizziness, and visual changes, more of the story is revealed.

When this building first came under attack, the government sent in a Delta Force group to take care of the problem. Their fate became obviously clear as they slowly moved through the building. Unfortunately for them, there was something following them. A slowly moving, perfectly paced, and patient child... who just happens to be horribly evil. The first one to die had his left arm explode off of his body in a shower of blood while the next started bleeding from his neck and the last one... well apparently it was bad enough that they didn't really want to show it. All that was shown was the large spray of blood on the walls and twitching legs.

And the weirdest thing? The girl never even touched them. So what was the deal? We don't know. They won't f'n tell us! I hate them now and have to wait to play the game! I hate waiting! I'm spoiled damnit... They will pay!

:drool::drool::drool:

Oni said:

She's supposed to make people's eyes bleed and kill them using psionic powers.

Mr. Chambers said:
Are they using their own, new engine? Those visuals are most impressive...

Yes, I believe they're using their own engine for it. It's from the makers of No One Lives Forever and Tron 2.0. LithTech I think.

Supposedly it's going to be REALLY cool cuz it's a cinematic movie. More so than even Max Payne 2. The beginning scene has you zipping down a line from a helicopter onto the top of a building. You're tehre trying to find out what's ging on because earlier in the day, the building was taken over by terrorists, but now everything went quiet.

Looks like YellowDart did some research too. It's basically the X-Files meets The Ring meets The Matrix. Each team member has a certain power like holding an object and seeing into the future, as it relates to the object. It's going to be really freaky too. And not the stupid Doom 3 jump out from behind the door or pop out of the darkness scary. It's going to be a psychological horror story.

But yeah, I think the freaky little kids have gotten old...

How very 'The Shining' :)

Sounds fantastic, looks fantastic, too. The video I watched looked like they used some form of Bullet-time during combat sequences.

At any rate, with graphics like those - if it comes out even remotely soon, I'll probably pick it up, or at least the demo. I liked Max Payne, and that was sortof a cross between a movie and a game, and this sounds like a cool concept, thanks for the info.

I believe the release date said March 2k5 so hopefully they can get that game going really strong. :D It would be cool if you beat the game, and then play the game again as the little girl. Making people die just by looking at them. :D that would be so fun!

Yea, last time I really read about this game was during E3 this past may. I got a little reading in @ gamespot.com. Looks pretty sweet to me. I'll more than likely pick it up. ;)

As long as they deliver what I think they will, a psychological horror type and not "AHHH! Something just jumped out of an airduct and is chewing on my leg" type, which I'm getting tired of. IMHO we need more SS2 (one of my all time favorites to this day) type games, now THAT was horror :eek:

Anyhow, looks like I got someting else to drool over. Hopefuly HALO2 and HL2 (+ mods) will tie me over till this comes out. :D

~cheers

DUDE! that video rocks! I wanna see more!!!! and that girl in the elevator scared the @&#% out of me!!!

Paranormal meets close-quarters combat fighting? Sweet! If they pull it off, it would be cool to see how they mesh a paranormal backdrop with realistic weaponry/physics. I think thats one of the reasons why Halo got so big...it was sci-fi, but not so much to turn off people who weren't really into sci-fi. Assault rifles, hand grenades, pistols...all things any gamer could grasp.

R0CK3TM4NN said:
Paranormal meets close-quarters combat fighting? Sweet! If they pull it off, it would be cool to see how they mesh a paranormal backdrop with realistic weaponry/physics. I think thats one of the reasons why Halo got so big...it was sci-fi, but not so much to turn off people who weren't really into sci-fi. Assault rifles, hand grenades, pistols...all things any gamer could grasp.

Well, I think Halo got big because poeple who play console games have never had an FPS that was decent, other than Goldeneye, which was really big too, simply because it was a god FPS.

But yeah, F.E.A.R. is going to be one killer of a game. I hope they add some sort of multiplay on it. They could easily make a counter-strike game out of it, what with a huge building to play around with, hostages, and counter-terrorist/spc-ops guys.

Amino said:
I hope they add some sort of multiplay on it. They could easily make a counter-strike game out of it, what with a huge building to play around with, hostages, and counter-terrorist/spc-ops guys.

Don't forget an army of little girls in red dresses that go around and rip peoples arms off with their minds!!! :D

Back