• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 2.4C SL6Z3 stuck @ 267FSB...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here is another post

I see my 3.0C SL6WK post was used in here. Since this is on the 2.4C I will show you another post.
cooking.jpg

Have you all the bios updates for your abit? I thought the divider issues were behind it now. The secret to my success with these Intel processors is due in poart to the motherboards they both live on. The Epox4PDA2+Ver.2. It has more voltage options than any other out there and is stable as a rock

WZ

stryg said:
BH5? Thats Kingstons right?

Should I just go for some 3200? And what is the secific code for those bh5s?

this just kills me, kingston doesnt even make chips, they are an assembly company, they buy chips and put them on a pcb

BH5 is WinBond

D

stryg said:
It wasnt a ram issue.

I have thrown in a couple of Mushkin PC3500 level2 BH5 sticks - and that doesnt really make a difference.

Even at the most relaxed timing (2.5,3,3,7) I dont get anywhere above 260.

I have done intensive and systemized benching a found that my ram a willing of 240MHz @ 2,2,2,5 with 3.2vdimm.

At 3/2 2,2,2,5 - which should eliminate the memory - I still cant get above 260.

Giving the CPU up to 1.7vcore just in case...

My next move would be a PSU upgrade, somthing that I would need anyways, supposing the 2.4 to be maxed out and changing it with a 3.0C headed for 3.6...

(As you can see, I have changed my mobo as well, now heading for a setup very much like yours Larva ^^)

gotta ask, whered u get the mushkins ? I cant find em

Thanks
Dan

WeldZilla said:
I see my 3.0C SL6WK post was used in here. Since this is on the 2.4C I will show you another post.
cooking.jpg

Have you all the bios updates for your abit? I thought the divider issues were behind it now. The secret to my success with these Intel processors is due in poart to the motherboards they both live on. The Epox4PDA2+Ver.2. It has more voltage options than any other out there and is stable as a rock

WZ

nice overclock! :attn:

Back