• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 2.8C vs. 3200XP ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

About to get a P4 2.8C... (the one listed here)... Says it can clock to 3.4.... I got a GB of PC3200 here, so the total RAM with that board would be 2GB ( my GB plus the GB that ccomes with the deal).... My question is how much more performance will I see from getting this combo and o/c'ing it to 3.4 with 2GB of RAM than with my current setup (see my sig for specs)? I assume BF2 and CS:S would play well on this? :santa:

that 2.8c should do 3.5-3.6. maybe even a bit more depending on how you cool it. i can't give you a first hand comparison between the 2, i've used a axp at 2200mhz, and my p4 at 3.4-3.6ghz. that's not really a fair fight, but i think you will gain lots by way of HT, more memory bandwidth, overall faster chip.

*edit* i just looked at your link, and that is a great deal. i would hop on it ASAP. it will easily carry you over for another year or so.

I have a 2.4c P4 clocked at about 3.5 ghz. You'll definately appreciate the HT if nothing else. The extra memory bandwidth is certainly a plus.

ya but could you get a gig of ram a mobo and a cpu for $150 like in the link he posted?

Back