• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 Northwood HSF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

barn.door

Thinking about a new CPU for my skt 478 mobo, seen a P4 3.2 ghz Northwood OEM, (no stock intel HSF) Will a stock Intel HSF from a P4 2.4B CPU work OK?
Northwood’s seem to be in short supply in UK online shops, is this a blip, or has Intel stopped production and supplies are running out?

I think that old cooler would be hard pressed runnning even at stock. And you can forget about overclocking. A decent air cooler isn't that expensive. Buy a 3,0 instead and get a Zalman cooler as well.

Thanks Don, Maybe i've found a 3.2 retail (with HSF) in stock, seems like Northwoods are dropping out of the market? what do you think? sorry meant a 3.4 before....(typo)....

Yes, Northwoods are disappearing from the market as they're not made anymore. Here it's almost impossible to find them too, which annoys me a bit as I need a need cpu for a system and have an old P4 mobo that doesn't take Pressies, so I'm practically forced to make a full upgrade >.<

Back