• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800-Dlx revision #

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ciku

i jst noticed, my mobo is revision 1.xx is there a new one? if there is, wats wrong with rev. 1? :)

guess nobody knows...

Last edited:
There have been alot of doa rev 1's from what ive seen on the forums. I think there might have been an issue with older ati 9800 pro's and the rev 1's also. I still need to check my revision. Been too lazy to open my case.. lol

u dont have to open ur case, run cpu-z it will tell u wat revision u got..

ya ill do that.. i need to get cpu-z again since i formatted yesterday trying to figure why my games are crashing. Its not the os its the hardware thats failing i beleive. Im running standard o/c for now with tight timings. If my games dont crash well then ill know my cpu or ram is dying or cant handle 250 fsb

well the o/c in my sig is on hold for now until i figure where the problem lies on my rig.whether its software, os, hardware, or o/c. Ive reinstalled windows w/o fdisking(just overwrote existing windows files). That didnt fix it. Now im trying standard clock speed with semi-tight timings and mam enabled. I am going to play some battlefield tonight to test if this change has fixed the issue.

The problem is that when i play any games, the game will crash to desktop but it doesnt shut the game down, all i have to do is click on the game in the taskbar to bring it back up. It happens with battlefield and call of duty and it really sucks when it happens for obvious reasons. :mad:

i noticed ur using the older bios... newer bios has via raid updated... but thats if ur using it...

no raid here, i am going to go with a wd raptor with my new rig that i should start building when pci-express mobos and the new intel socket come out. Im going to go all out on the new rig. Prolly go H2O on it. Wish i could afford a prommie.

hmmm im using my raid with my 200gb hd's even though u dont use raid 0,1 or 0+1 u can use via raid to function for ur ide, it will run @ 133.. faster than the ide channels... thats if ur hdd are 133...

hmmm.i dont know much about raid. Does it use the same ide cable? All i need to do is update the raid controller with the asus disk right. How do i know my hdd will work with this? Its a fairly new wd 7200 80gb hdd

yes... same cable, jst unplug and replug... if its a new hdd them it runs @ ata133 and using asus ide channels only runs @ ata100...

ok, gd lck and btw, pls check what revision ur board is.. thanx :)

i cannot beleive i have been running my pc the way i have had it set up. Both my cd rom and hdd were on their own ide channel and the jumper on both devices were on slave. Well, i put the hdd on the raid channel and the cd rom is still on the secondary ide channel but i set both the jumpers to master and OMFG the speed increase for boot time is insane. Before i made this change it took at least 45 seconds to get to the welcome screen. the little green bar that scrolls across would scroll at least 21 times. Now, it only scrolls 5 times and takes around 15 seconds to get to the welcome screen. This is a fresh install of windows with none of the games, programs, and windows updates installed yet but wow, what a difference. I am sooo much happier with the performance now. Hopefully tonight when i install all my games, etc... they will not crash me to desktop like before. Im going to use norton av 2004 and zonealarm for the firewall. I was using norton internet security but its a resource hog and needs too much configuration.

Ciku, ill get you the revision tonight. I spent my whole morning formatting, reinstalling windows, and configuring devices. I still need to update windows, etc.. and get cpu-z installed.

My computer is a happy computer now!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

ok cool :) glad ur raid works, dont forget to install raid driver.. get the latest one

wheres the linky ??? is it on the asus site? I need to get the latest chipset drivers also. Im gonna research that today. Can you beleive the diff it made switching the jumpers??? unbeleivable. cant beleive ive been running it like that for a year now. :eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

EDIT: found the updated drivers..here are the sites im getting them from in case anybody else needs them.

Chipset Driver

Raid Driver

Last edited:
Back