• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5E Deluxe Bios flashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am a NOOB and this was my first ( brand new MOBO) I have never overclocked or done anything else in the setting. I did press F2, is everything OK with going to those default settings? Or are there things i should change now after pressing F2.

Also. I loaded the rampage 0403 Bios. Should I flash it to the latest Rampage 0410 bios that i saw on the asus site?

Personally, i would go to default settings before flashing just to avoid any possible complications. And regarding the bios version, might as well go with the latest version, i did with my p5e deluxe. Solved my problem with running my corsair dominator 2x2gig pc8500 at 1066. Just be sure when the flash is done, to turn off certain settings that the deluxe doesnt have when compared to the rampage. Also, i did notice a drop in my vdroop when goin from 0403 to 0410 with my q6600. Hope this helps.

Guys help me out here i have been trying to flash my P5E deluxe with the RF 410 bios that i got off the asus site. I have followed the link to the guide but it wont flash. I get error cannot open rom. in Dos bringing up "dir" i see 2 files. One is the afudos exe and the RAMPAG~1 Rom. So i entered "afudos /iRAMPAG~1.ROM/pbcn/n it trys to flash but i get error cannot open rom. I have even tried renaming the 410 bio rom so to be sure i get the rom name right when flashing it but still same error. Any ideas ??

Have you renamed your new bios file? It won't take a file name longer than 8 characters. I usually do something simple like RF0410.rom

Guys help me out here i have been trying to flash my P5E deluxe with the RF 410 bios that i got off the asus site. I have followed the link to the guide but it wont flash. I get error cannot open rom. in Dos bringing up "dir" i see 2 files. One is the afudos exe and the RAMPAG~1 Rom. So i entered "afudos /iRAMPAG~1.ROM/pbcn/n it trys to flash but i get error cannot open rom. I have even tried renaming the 410 bio rom so to be sure i get the rom name right when flashing it but still same error. Any ideas ??

If only typed "afudos /iRAMPAG~1.ROM/pbnc/n" you are correct but u missed one thing. There are spaces in the command, such as
"afudos /iRAMPAG~1.ROM /pbnc /n". The /pbnc /n part isnt part of the rom file in itself, its just another command. Hope that helps

If only typed "afudos /iRAMPAG~1.ROM/pbnc/n" you are correct but u missed one thing. There are spaces in the command, such as
"afudos /iRAMPAG~1.ROM /pbnc /n". The /pbnc /n part isnt part of the rom file in itself, its just another command. Hope that helps

I was about to say the same thing, then I saw your post and figured it was easier to just quote it ;)

ok got it up and running but it this latest bios doesn't seem to be helping my DDR2 rams running at their rated specs. Thats the reason i flashed this bios. Because it has memory fixes. Im running patriot PC2-9200 and it won't 1150mhz. Haven't tried it with my bfg 680i board as yet but maybe it can run it at those speeds on it. Also the temp monitoring in the bios is all whacked. It reporting my NB and SB below freezing !!! minus -87f !! LOL anyone getting this ???

Need help with overclocking advice and small how to.

Hi there all. New to the forum here but i just took the dive from my athlon 64 754 pin system to a core 2 duo e7500 with the P5e Deluxe motherboard (X48) and i am having difficulties even overclocking oh say 100Mhz its crazy bad. Never had much trouble with amd but it might just be the bios here. I jhave been reading about people flashing this board with the rampage formula bios and was wondering if i could get a little advice from someone who has done this type of thing before i make my new toy into a heap!!!

Back