• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

partition magic 8.0 update help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Others have also had the issue, are you on service pack 2?

Haven't found any good answers yet. Also, why are you trying to update?

I would first consult the update revision history if you can find it available - this may make mention of anything (un)important to you. Sometimes it is often best to not update until you come across an issue. Partitionmagic is not the type of software which could introduce vulnerabilities if it was not kept up to date, so if the version you have is working in your environment, there may not be any actual motivation for you to have the latest version, aside from the fact that it is the latest version.

I too also occasionally update things for the sake of updating them, however I cannot say I would recommend it.

Depending on how bad you would like to perform this update, you might find that removing SP2 resolves your update issue.

I have had the PM8.0 suite for quite some time now. I have never updated it, works flawless. It is a pretty good suite and worked out of the box, so I didn't want to fiddle with it. Like most, I check on updates like we all should.
Myself I read what the update does before I actually get it. If it is an issue I havent experianced in terms of GUI/usage, I leave it be. Security fixes are a whole nuther matter.

Back