• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patriot done me right!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
I was going through my collection of USB drives and decided to destroy the older ones and a couple that had crappy write speeds. Almost destroyed a 256GB Patriot USB drive, doubled checked on Newegg and realized that it's still under warranty. Went through the RMA process, did the testing that Patriot support requested...RMA granted. Just got the replacement- a Patriot Supersonic Rage Elite 256GB USB 3.1, Gen. 1.

Benched the write & read with "dd":

Code:
root@asrock79:/media/user/PATRIOT# dd if=/dev/zero of=./largefile bs=8k count=10000
10000+0 records in
10000+0 records out
81920000 bytes (82 MB, 78 MiB) copied, 0.541234 s, 151 MB/s
root@asrock79:/media/user/PATRIOT# 
root@asrock79:/media/user/PATRIOT#  sh -c "sync && echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches"
root@asrock79:/media/user/PATRIOT# dd if=./largefile of=/dev/null bs=8k
10000+0 records in
10000+0 records out
81920000 bytes (82 MB, 78 MiB) copied, 0.299705 s, 273 MB/s

Also used the Disks benching utility:

disks.png

Much better....thanks Patriot!

In "dd", USB 3.1x has at least as much bandwidth as SATA 2. In SATA 2 for example, on SSDs, I usually get the ballpark of at least 240-260-ish.

That's great news Tim! I'm in the process of RMA-ing an Adata 64gb flash drive the crapped the bed. Has a 5 year warranty, but it died in 2. I just signed up and created an account with them. Still waiting on the confirmation email :rolleyes:

I'm hoping the RMA is as smooth as yours.

That's great news Tim! I'm in the process of RMA-ing an Adata 64gb flash drive the crapped the bed. Has a 5 year warranty, but it died in 2. I just signed up and created an account with them. Still waiting on the confirmation email :rolleyes:

I'm hoping the RMA is as smooth as yours.

Dino, I hope so too! Wow, 5 year warranty, I don't recall seeing that with any piece of electronic gear.

Dino, I hope so too! Wow, 5 year warranty, I don't recall seeing that with any piece of electronic gear.

Thanks! yeah I was surprised too because I bought it on ebay, but it was through newegg. When I checked newegg's site, it showed 5 years. Still no joy from Adata. I'm going to wait a few days and if not, I hope newegg steps up and helps me out.

*Update*

Hey Tim, here ya goes. Check out the warranty info: https://www.newegg.com/adata-model-auv330-64g-rbk-64gb/p/N82E16820215194

Welp, waiting for Adata to respond back didn't happen. I contacted newegg thru ebay and one of their tech support people got right back to me. They submitted an RMA ticket to Adata to push the replacement along. I don't think I'm going to be purchasing any more Adata products. It's like pulling teeth with these people.

Welp, Newegg replied back to me with Adata's new support email addy and requested I email them directly, which I did several times. Adata has not replied back to my numerous requests. :mad:

I just emailed newegg back explaining the situation and the lack of Adata's response to my requests. Keeping fingers crossed.

Welp, Newegg replied back to me with Adata's new support email addy and requested I email them directly, which I did several times. Adata has not replied back to my numerous requests. :mad:

I just emailed newegg back explaining the situation and the lack of Adata's response to my requests. Keeping fingers crossed.

Yeah support departments are getting worse by the year it seems, I suspect with the amount sales have exponentially increased online over the past few years and they are understaffed because covid, it took me a month and like 3 emails to hear back from cooler master, and they couldn't even help me get a part for my case.

*Update*

Adata has failed me. Newegg stepped up and decided to give me a full refund for the price of the drive even tho it's been over 2 years since the purchase, but the drive still had a valid 5 year warranty from the manufacturer. I won't be purchasing any Adata products any longer no matter how good the deal or the performance of said product. If a company doesn't stand by their product and honor their warranties, then they don't deserve my money.

Back