• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC reboots during 3DMARK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyozl

Hello all,

So here's my issue whenever I run the latest versio of 3D mark demo test my computer will shoot through everything till the last fight scene sequence then it just reboots, I get no error messages, strange system beeps. Nothing. The settings for 3D mark are all at default I believe it's 720, not even 1080 resolution. Now my specs:
MB gigabyte 990 UD5 bios updated to latest
16gb corsier DDR3 1600 cl9
brand new stock clocked gtx 780 ACX
4 SSDs Samsung 120gb, 500gb adata, and 2 raid 0 adata 60GB ssds
1 1tb 7200 RPM
750watt owl tech rated at 80plus silver
Oh yeah and a basic LITE ON DVD RW

I've tested the ram over night with memtest, and the latest games like hitman absolution, crysis 3, far cry 3, run perfectly including FURMARK I have no issues. Please help me solve this. I'm thinking possibly I need a new PSU? But this one I have is pretty good rite?

Look in our PSU forums and JonnyGuru for reviews on your PSU. If it's not there it's questionable.

Try this.

Run Prime95 AND Heaven benchmark at the same time for 30 minutes. If it crashes possibly the PSU.

You need to monitor temps too. Please use HW Monitor and check temps.

Could just be a bad install of 3Dmark. There is a new one 3D11?

The one you have has plenty of wattage, however the quality may be dubious at best. Test outside of 3DMark as conumdrum mentioned and report back.

Ok, thanks guys ill do that tonight. I also forgot to mention im running a AMD FX8350 with a SEIDON 240 push pull congifuration 4 cooler master fans, 2 80MM cooler master fans, 120mm coolermaster in the rear, and a 200mm coolermaster mega flow uptop all routed to a 60W fan controller, with the pump pluged into the MB.

Can anyone tell me what the max power consumption of the FX8350, and the GTX780 OC ACX is under high load?

kyozl, if you're overclocked on both it's very possible that it is, indeed what Conumdrum suggested. I had the same issue with my Fx 8350/GTX 580 when they were both highly overclocked running 3D Mark 11. I had my Seasonic X-series 650w psu running at the time, I bought a higher watt Psu and then tested, with my Kill O watt meter. I found out I was pulling 710w from the wall, with my combo.

Take into account that the Kill O Watt meter isn't 100% accurate and also that my GTX 580 draws more power then your 780. Though, I can't even find what kind of Psu you you have so I would bet it isn't a quality one nor able to meet it's suggested power output.

Mandrake4565,

That makes alot of sense. the FX8350 may exceed that 125W while in boost rite? ontop of the GTX780 being overclocked from the factory 230w+. I will run those test tonight to push my system till its max while viewing the temps, and let you all know. I may just head out and buy this RAIMAX RX-1000AE i saw on sale for 10,980Yen (115$) what do you think of that brand? Thanks.

I was having issues when my Cpu was overclocked around 5.3 not using boost. The problem you are having sure sounds like the same issue I was having but it may not be. Though, as said earlier your Psu is suspicious at best. It may say it's 750w but we have seen many low quality power supplies not even come close to the wattage it says it is. The fact that I cannot even find your Psu in a search makes me wonder about it's quality. As far as buying a new Psu have a look though this section for a recommended Psu. I do not believe Raidmax makes quality Psu's nor do you need 1000w. I only purchased my 1000w unit because I may add another GTX 580 in the future. You should be fine at stock clocks with a quality 650w or 750w unit, if you want to overclock. Quality is more important then quantity, when it comes to Psu's.

You can also have a look through Jonnyguru.com for a quality unit.

Last edited:
Mandrake4565,

That makes alot of sense. the FX8350 may exceed that 125W while in boost rite? ontop of the GTX780 being overclocked from the factory 230w+. I will run those test tonight to push my system till its max while viewing the temps, and let you all know. I may just head out and buy this RAIMAX RX-1000AE i saw on sale for 10,980Yen (115$) what do you think of that brand? Thanks.

Umm please no clicky buy buy. :facepalm: Please head to our PSU forum and read the stickies and become informed. If you need more you can also bookmark JonnyGuru for PSU info.

You for sure don't need a 1000 watt PSU. You need a good one. Please learn about the box you love and depend on.

Could be the PSU.

Learn.

Mandrake4565,

The FX8350 will not exceed 125W with its boost clocks. If you are at stock speeds, what I listed was correct. The 780 gives you what, 10% over its power limit? So that is 250W at MAX overclocked. You do not need 1KW for that setup. Not even close. I wouldnt get anything more than a QUALITY 650W PSU for that setup assuming you will not be adding another 780 down the line.

And RAIDMAX, DO NOT BUY THAT. A 1KW PSU for $115 new is laughable, not to mention we know the brand sucks in the first place.

Last edited:
Back