• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCIe or agp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
to many things :bang head ill take my chances with my psu cuz its a 420 so it SHOULD be fine. and all im going to upgrade is the mobo, cpu and vid card

lol oh great what is sli? isnr it something where you can run 2 video cards at the same time

Vertical_Zer0 said:
You might also want to take another look at SLI... just in case :)
Dude. You're not helping. ;)
SLI doesn't apply to cooper, just keep doing what you were beforehand.

Wow this thread got way out of hand. Point is, get PCI-Express if you plan on keeping your new motherboard for years to come, when you buy a new video card in the future, since AGP will be obsolete by then.

Wish I had $$$ to get me some compy parts, I can barely run my games. Your situation is similar to mine. I'm not exactly a saver of $$$ though. =/

if you plan on OCin g that DFI board then i suggest getting a good 24pin PSU
as for the x800xl, don't expect a very good OC, i got 425/525 on an x800xl for a rig im building for someone, stock is 400/490

bobmanfoo said:
if you plan on OCin g that DFI board then i suggest getting a good 24pin PSU
as for the x800xl, don't expect a very good OC, i got 425/525 on an x800xl for a rig im building for someone, stock is 400/490
actualy it shouldent mater that much a oc just needs a stable psu (little voltage variance) not more pins

Last edited:
On the original topic, don't make the same mistkae i did and buy a brand spanking new awesome *** AGP. cause then you get stuck. go for PCIe

sean478 said:
actualy it shouldent mater that much a oc just needs a stable psu (little voltage variance) not more pins
no, what im saying is some boards don't like to run on 20pin , heres straight from Andy of at OCZ forums, 'There is a known issue with a 20 pin PSU and this board. Using a 20 pin and setting the jumpers for 5v operation (4v max in BIOS) will not work.', so what good is getting that board and sticking a 20pin psu on it? stable cpu but no voltage for the ram, hince me suggesting him to get a 24pin if he plans to OC:

bobmanfoo said:
no, what im saying is some boards don't like to run on 20pin , heres straight from Andy of at OCZ forums, 'There is a known issue with a 20 pin PSU and this board. Using a 20 pin and setting the jumpers for 5v operation (4v max in BIOS) will not work.', so what good is getting that board and sticking a 20pin psu on it? stable cpu but no voltage for the ram, hince me suggesting him to get a 24pin if he plans to OC:
o.... my bad dude :p

Back