• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PELTIER COOLING

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PLAYDODGY

Would it be a viable option to cool a 4770k with a 300 watt peltier, and remove heat with water cooling,?An input would be good, as too progressive peltier controller as well.
Just to give that little bit of help in cooling it.
Or any other ideas would be appreciated.:thup:
Don't want to go mad , a nice stable oc will be nice, about 5 ghz

Last edited:
Good luck with that goal... Pelt cooling for a 24/7 option isn't terribly viable. Couple that with the CPU's ability to even get to 5Ghz for 24/7 operation isn't there... we can see a problem. 4.5-4.7Ghz should be doable. If the chip is solid and cooling along with it, perhaps more, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Personally, I would be in the 4.5Ghz range with closed loop water and call it a day. :)

ok thanx ( u don't ask you don't find out )I may give it a little try see what happens, will post if any good results.

TEC cooling is also ridiculously expensive compared to convetional means. You may not pay a "lot" up front, but when you get your electric bill...

Back