• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

phenom II x4 black edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigit

Does this cpu support DDR3? I bought a gigabyte ge-880ga-ud3h board and it will only take ddr3. Like to get and x 6 but I can't find one reasonable. Either sold out or they want $220+ for it. I was looking at the 1075T as to help keep costs down but even then they want the same price.

Is it the same one as in your sig? I'm fairly certain that all Phenom IIs support DDR3 at 1333 at least, but I'm no expert.

You could always look for a 960T for a decent price and hope it unlocks. If it doesn't, you can overclock the heck out of it anyway.

Does this cpu support DDR3? I bought a gigabyte ge-880ga-ud3h board and it will only take ddr3. Like to get and x 6 but I can't find one reasonable. Either sold out or they want $220+ for it. I was looking at the 1075T as to help keep costs down but even then they want the same price.

CPU yes

There were two versions of Phenom II x4 BE when originally released. One was socket AM2+ which only supported DDR2. The other was socket AM3 which supported both DDR2 and DDR3.

Back in 2009, I bought a AM2+ Phenom II x4 940 which was DDR2 only.

There were two versions of Phenom II x4 BE when originally released. One was socket AM2+ which only supported DDR2. The other was socket AM3 which supported both DDR2 and DDR3.

Back in 2009, I bought a AM2+ Phenom II x4 940 which was DDR2 only.

:bang head For some reason I forgot about that though I only read about it.

Is it the same one as in your sig? I'm fairly certain that all Phenom IIs support DDR3 at 1333 at least, but I'm no expert.

You could always look for a 960T for a decent price and hope it unlocks. If it doesn't, you can overclock the heck out of it anyway.

The one in my sig had issues after install in new board. So I bought a
AMD Phenom II X4 975 Black Edition Deneb 3.6GHz Socket AM3 125W Is there a chance that there is 2 hidden cores?
This one does support DDR3. I'm a bit confused on memory placement. (I need to update my sig since this is new memory. DDR3 1066. There is 2 memory banks on the board. Each one has 1 blue and 1 white slot. If I interpret the manual correctly, I need to put memory in the 2 blue slots (or white). Thus giving me duel channel. But the board in my sig wanted them both on the same side. This time the manual says slot 1 and slot 3 for duel channel. Slot 2 and 4 for duel channel. When I get my cpu and this rig together I'll update my sig.

If you would give us the model number of that CPU we could answer that question for you. It's located on the lid of the CPU.

Back