• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please critique my TIM application results.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaron81182

Hello everyone, and thanks for reading.

Please let me know what your reaction is as far as the time application is concerned. Thermal grizzly conductonaut was used in this application and I started by spreading as thin a layer as possible with the brush supplied in the kit.

Please let me know (bases on the picture results) if this was too much, too little, or any suggestions you may have.

Finally I have a rockit 88 kit here with only the thermal grizzly paste on hand and no liquid metal. Would you recommend I do anything ie remove lid, put on Tim and the replace IHS and seal or not seal.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1686nlN_JIQw_tzd0BOCFBp-xHLPhjy19/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't create duplicate threads.

Based on the picture, it looks fine. However, you should put a dot in the center and the pressure of the heatsink will spread it for you. Doing a thin sheet introduces the possiblity of air pockets, which will reduce cooling.

Looks fine to me, the result.

If anything, get rid of that stock Intel cooler for better results before I delidded the CPU. It is terrible for many reasons (capacity, its latching mechanism).

It looks, to me, like you have far too much paste applied so its hard to tell if you have good contact. Slightly more than a grain of rice in the center will do.

Back