• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me decide on an A64 mobo...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlee24219

Registered
I am changing mobos because of horrible problems with my Chaintech Vnf3-250. My computer will randomly crash and sometimes not even boot. Also, when i try to overclock just a tad maybe 10 more fsb it won't boot. I believe the board is dying.

Is the epox 8kda3j any good?

Any suggestion are welcome, im looking to stay with nforce 3 at a reasonable price. Please help.?!

i just got the epox board today so i'll let you know how it works out for me when i get it up and running.

Is it a s754 or s939?

But either way....

....WAIT FOR THE NEW DFI MOBOs!!!

See this thread on the xtreamsystems forum.

They look like they are going to be ridiculous overclockers.

AZN said:
i just got the epox board today so i'll let you know how it works out for me when i get it up and running.

Blah I could have said the same thing but wait it's not friday :rolleyes:

just got my epox board and I wish I could tell you how great it is, but I am not even capable of installing the OS. After I get through this, it will be sweet.

thanks guys ill wait to see how you like the epox board. dont forget to post your thoughts!

also does anyone know if corsair xms c2 would be compatible with this epox board.

Well the Epox board doesnt have issues that the AN50R does with frying the cpu's with to much vdimm. nore odes it have quality issues like the MSI NF3 board.

But it isnt one of the best overclockers. It has its own share of problems. I sugest you stick with youre current board and wait for the DFI NF3 board to come out it shouldnt be to long. That board seems to be the monster overclocker

im not looking into heavy overclocking, maybe from 2.2 to 2.4. Im in it more for stability. Also my dang ram keeps slipping out of my vnf3-250 mobo and i have to push it in every morning or it will not boot.

jlee24219 said:
I am changing mobos because of horrible problems with my Chaintech Vnf3-250. My computer will randomly crash and sometimes not even boot. Also, when i try to overclock just a tad maybe 10 more fsb it won't boot. I believe the board is dying.

Is the epox 8kda3j any good?

Any suggestion are welcome, im looking to stay with nforce 3 at a reasonable price. Please help.?!
I've had good luck with my vnf3's (minus the one I killed by accident). I have two now that have been solid, good overclockers. Both will push the HTT past 300, with my newest one going over 340, however it does not like the 133mhz memory divider so I hit a memory wall and can't go higher with the 5:6 divider.

Sounds like you might have a defective board or perhaps it does not like your memory or another component. What power supply are you running? I'd try and RMA your board if you cannot fix the problem.

I hear that the Epox is a great board in the sub $100 range and is normally my recommendation along with the vnf3 in that price range. My only complaint with teh Epox is that the northbridge does not have any mounting holes around it for a good aftermarket cooler and it has fairly weak vdimm voltage. But that is easy to mod anyway.

jlee24219 said:
also is there any motherbaords that suppor 1000mhz fsb, instead of 800.

well any NF3 250, or K8T800-Pro supports 1000mhz Htt, but i really dont know what to think about it, because it seem that there is little if any performance gain in 1000 over 800, i have seen some people clam better 3Dmark scores w/ lower speeds like say 600mhz, or ever 400mhz.

look at this chart made be dagalidis at XtremeSystem, some other benchies show better results w/ more, but 3Dmark show better w/ it low.

attachment.php

i dont really understand.

also just for a reference, look at the shuttle in my sig(SFF), it is on air cooling and a 9800pro on air, w/ only 506Htt(2x253). and thats also w/ only a 240w PSU. and i have yet to see a 9800pro+A64-s754 *on air*, be able to take it out, d]g[ts is ahead of me(by 24 points) in the 3dmark thread, but i dont think that he is on air.

Last edited:
Back