• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JEwing85 said:
yeah, about 15 seconds after i put it cd my computer will restart sometimes only. reall sux for installing games. yeah and during defrag or pcmark, it will restart.
So why don't you think it's your Power Supply then? 350W should be OK but that brand name may not. You need to get a brand name PSU at the very least like that 350W Fortron for $32. Maybe more...

i did. i bought the antec true 430w its a ******* PSU. no more restarts after inserting CD, just during CPU intensive tasks. system is not overclocked and my temps (i think) are fine

my temps are low 40's idle and at load the temp is around 46c comp still does it. im gonna have to take it in somewhere.(dont want to!!!) could it be my corsair xms memory? have to try all possible problems.what HSF do you guys use to keep the 2500+cool? i use SLK800a with tornado fan

I have a kingwin 350 and mine works great. 2 hdd, 2cd-roms, 1fdd, 5 fans, rad 9500p, 2 cold cathodes and a 1700 oced to 2.2gigz. Maby you got a bad one or your mobo is goin.

yeah i forgot to mention that the CPU, Mobo, memory and HS and Fan are new. just picked them up from newegg. anyways, the HS i use is the Thermalright SLK-800a. on top of it i use a Vantec Tornado 80cm x 80cm x 38cm. that fan has 84.1 CFM. thats about double the airflow of any other 80cm fan!!! i think thats alot of air to cool this CPU down. whats gets me is that its not even OC'd and its overheating you guys say. i still think its the memory. tomorrow im gonna swap it out and put some crucial memory in there and see what happens. then if that desnt work, i'll have to take it in to a shop somewhere. if any of you guys see a harware conflict with the stuff in my sig please post. also anyone that has this 7NNXP mobo from gigabyte and that cpu, what memory are you using?. thanx again.

Ok guys i have figured it out!!!!!! DO NOT USE CORSAIR XMS memory with this mobo. i swapped the memory last night with some crucial and it runs great, and now will let prime95 work. what i want to know though is if mushkin memory will work in this thing as i have to RMA the corsair.

Back