• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please recommend a reputable seller of Refurbished PC's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech Tweaker

Hello all, I'm not really certain where to put this thread/topic but I have a question and General Hardware seemed a reasonable place to start. So, I hope you'll forgive me if this is in the wrong section.

I'm looking for a good, reputable retailer/seller of refurbished or used PC's in my area (say Springfield or Dayton Ohio region, or willing/able to ship). Trying to find a good source for some older computers for my employer.

Trying to find a retailer offering something in the price range of $40-100, with Windows 10 installed and activated (trying to get away from and/or upgrade from Windows 7 or older).

Thus far, I've been coming up with relatively few results. Found several deals for around $60-90 per PC that seemed good on first inspection, but upon reading the fine print I found out that most either don't have hard drives or the drives have been wiped and they come with no OS installed and/or no product key and since a legitimate Win 10 OEM key is $100 last I checked that wouldn't be a workable solution as my employer is wanting to spend less than $100 per PC if at all possible. Then tried searching ebay, found most refurbished PC's like what I'm looking for (sold in lots of 5-15) are in the $150-300 range per PC with a few outliers around $115-125.

These PC's are only going to be used for basic data entry, so something fast isn't really needed. Something with a dual core CPU (something like an i3 with 2C or 2C/4T, or even a C2D (though I'd like to get away from the really old LGA775 platform, I'd rather not paint myself (and by extension the company) into a corner by continuing to use a really old platform), 4GB of memory, an 80-250GB drive, and VGA or DVI out is essentially what I'm after (Most of the monitors I deal with use VGA, but I can convert from DVI to VGA with adapters or purchase DVI cables.).

Won’t help you at all but I would say that your employer is reaching for the impossible.

Not sure what the licensing law is in the USA but here in the UK all businesses have to wipe the hard drives and remove all windows keys. They are none transferable between businesses. I would guess Microsoft will have the same policy in place where you are as well.

Won’t help you at all but I would say that your employer is reaching for the impossible.
Agreed.

ANd what are these PC's supposed to do for $100? Like Internet, email, MS Office things only? That's about all you can get out of a max $100 box.

What I feel needs to happen here is you need to push back a bit and tell him these things and get that budget increased.

As far as where to get them... no idea (and Im in Cbus)... :(

Agreed.

And what are these PC's supposed to do for $100? Like Internet, email, MS Office things only? That's about all you can get out of a max $100 box.

What I feel needs to happen here is you need to push back a bit and tell him these things and get that budget increased.

As far as where to get them... no idea (and Im in Cbus)... :(
Just need internet, to enter information to website(s), and retrieve information from same website(s).

If it helps explain the low budget, these are going into a manufacturing facility, a very dirty environment and will be covered in dirt, dust, possibly metal chips, and various lubricants. So, not wanting to spend a lot on them and why they don't need to be high end or fast.

Last edited:
I'd scour ebay or craigslist for a local bulk PC pick up... otherwise, I am not sure I can help out... :(

This is not local to you but earlier this summer I purchased this for a non profit I support that operates on a shoe string budget. Has what you want and more RAM even. Not sure if this seller has more of these but the point is there may be options on ebay that meet your criteria. This worked out good for us.

How many do you need?

Attachments

• Cheap PC.png
    Cheap PC.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Back