• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please share your thoughts on my new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikesamo

I was away on trip in Europe. I sold most of my pc . Z87 chipset and a 4770k cpu .my psu mb and ram as well . I have my case . My titan x and my drives.
I decided to go x99 . Might as well. Skylake seems nice but I am after a higher core count. And more pci lanes . Tell me what you think
This pc will be used for 144 hertz Gsync 1440p gaming with extreme settings and triple a titles
An i7 5820k 4.5 ghz on all 6 cores from silicone lottery.
Watercooled by a closed corsair h110i gtx 280mm radiator.
X99 deluxe motherboard .
2x8 gb ddr4 2666 mhz memory
And an evga 1300w g2 power supply. This build is taking into consideration a future plan for nvidia gp100 pascal in 2 way sli .
Every frame to me counts . I'll be using this mostly for gaming but I wanna have cpu horsepower if i needed it . Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Get faster memory, 2666 is DDR3 speeds. Shoot for 3000 or so.

The 1300w PSU is hugely overkill. Unless something huge changes the GPUs won't come close to needing to pull that amount of power. You'd likely be fine with an 850W or at most a 1000w to have a ton of room still.

Get faster memory, 2666 is DDR3 speeds. Shoot for 3000 or so.

The 1300w PSU is hugely overkill. Unless something huge changes the GPUs won't come close to needing to pull that amount of power. You'd likely be fine with an 850W or at most a 1000w to have a ton of room still.
Are you sure 1000w hasenough juice for 3 ssds. 1 hard drive. Oced 5820k. 16 gb of ddr4 ram and 2 pascal cards overclocked ?

1KW would be plenty, sure. Power use out of hardware is the same or goes down quite typically. I can't imagine the cards to be over 250w ea...the cpu when overclocked is under 200w... so, yeah plenty.

It won't hurt to go with 1300 . But overall. How will a 4.5 ghz 5820k perform in gaming compared to my previous 4770k 4.3 ghz with the same titan x card

Just your wallet...you are already over buying at 1kw.

Performance will be the same really. The 5820k is haswell with more cores. More cores, over 4, doesn't help in gaming at this time. It may in a year or so with DX12 games though.

According to a power supply calculator. A system like that will eat up up to 1275w . With two oced titanxs . I will not buy another titan x but I want to have some headroom. Do you recommend 4x4 ddr4 configuration or 8x2

A system like what pulls 1200w? 2 titan x I would believe...

2x8gb.

Besides you are looking at 2 single GPU cards.. they will likely be 250w or maybe less. 850w is plenty. For a titan x and I tel, 750w is plenry.

A titanX still has a TDP of 250W, 2x250W (both at 100% load is still only 500W), add in 150W for an OCed intel CPU and with a full system you are under 750W.

A titanX still has a TDP of 250W, 2x250W (both at 100% load is still only 500W), add in 150W for an OCed intel CPU and with a full system you are under 750W.
I apologize for the delayed response . For some reason I replied to you but the message is not there. I'll take your word and go 1kw . Is there a specific ram module you suggest I get

Hi forum i just received my 5820k :) from silicone lottery . Thanks to earth dog for telling me about that website. Can you recommend a white power supply with black sleeves or vice versa to match my color scheme

Back