• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pls halp a noob with his audio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rev118

Hi guys,

Hoping somebody will be able to help me as I have very very little technical knowledge when it comes to configuring audio settings. I'm having an issue with my sound in games.

Basically, directional audio isn't 'blending' well at all in my headphones. For example, if something loud is directly to my right, I only receive noise in my right headphone. It's actually really distracting and uncomfortable to listen to.

I've played around trying different in-game settings and fiddling the control panel of my sound card but I can't figure out how to fix it. It's probably something really simple and I'll feel stupid... but I'm just hoping someone can point me in the right direction or has any suggestions!

I'm using Sennheiser 518's and a ASUS Xonar DSX. (I only use the DSX as I got it for free :shock: )

Any sort of help would be really appreciated, thanks!

Hmmm. Are you having any issues with music? Is it just any game/video/music or does at least one of these items give no issues?

Back