• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pls Help guys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joshan13

Guys my Motherboard is ASUS M2N-MX-SE plus
I have a nvidia 8400gs card but its cooling fan stopped working

So i am thinking of buying a one new

So my wish list is NVIDIA 9500Gt or NVIDIA GEFORCE GT520 1GB DDR3

So i was asking if i bought GT520 it requers PCI-E 2.0
So does my motherboard (M2N-MX-SE plus) has a PCI-E 2.0 slot?

These r the requirements of the GT520:

1.)PCI Express or PCI Express 2.0-compliant motherboard with one dual-width x 16 graphics slot.

2.)Minimum 300W or greater system power supply (with a minimum 12V current rating of 18A).

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP

Pls say can i buy and install GT520?
Does my MB support PCI-E 2.0 and the voltage?

Pls help me:cry:

The GT520 should work fine as I believe it would automatically switch down to PCIe 1.0. Before PCIe was around there was AGP and an AGP 8x card would be downwardly compatible with AGP 4x for instance. The potential maximum data transfer rate in theory will be downgraded from whatever the PCIe 2.0 standard is to whatever PCIe 1.0 is but in real life you may not even notice it unless you are running very demanding games at very high details and resolutions. Besides, your CPU will likely be more of a limit than the PCIe 1.0.

i just want to know will my Motherboard support PCI-E 2.0?
Is it 2.0?

It says like this :
1 x PCI Express x16 +2xPCI

Other Detailed list it says :
1 x PCIe x16
2 x PCI

Yep, I knew that. I went to the manufacturer website and looked at the specs. Have you thought of emailing Asustek and asking them that question? Why is this so important to you? The card will run in your system just fine but it may not run at PCIe 2.0 bandwidth. But like I said, you probably won't notice a real world performance fall off anyway on your system.

Back