• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PNY U3 update copied from Sandisk?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gt24

PNY just released a U3 update for their U3 jump drives. I have yet to install it to my new (and not used) jump drive (not used because the U3 application always autoran in the older PNY version). Anyways, the new U3 version will allow me to kill the autorun as well as use the drive in Vista. Of course, PNY appears to have sloppy support when it comes to udpates, at least from what I have observed.

The update can be downloaded here.
http://www2.pny.com/support/support_landing_cat.aspx?SectionID=1057

Note that U3 updates are provided and created by each manufacturer only... after all, "It is impossible to make a universal update or installer"... yeah... Why, then, is all the documentation in the PNY update zip file SANDISK DOCUMENTS!?!? Errr.... um... couldn't they at least take the Sandisk logos out of there?

Makes me wonder if they took a Sandisk updater, removed the jump drive detection somehow, and released it as a PNY update... sure seems fishy to me. Does anybody else see this as strange though?

Anywho, I'll get to installing this soon on my PNY drive.

<< edit >> The software works just fine... has no branding in the software, but that is normal for this drive.

Last edited:
A lot of folks don't like the U3 software but I have never had a problem with it. Works fine.

I did at one point reformat my 4 gig Scandisk and install Portable Apps. Didn't like it and the software felt buggy. Had a lot of eject problems with PA. Reloaded the U3 and its been on there ever since. I did do the update and that works fine also.

With a 4 gig stick, I don't have a problem giving up 370 MB for U3 and its apps like some do.

Back