• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pop-up in W7 flashes every 20-30 seconds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

STVoyager

Registered
Hello guys. Since about 5-6 days ago, there is a small window that flashes on my Windows 7 computer every 2-3 minutes, it flashes for fourth of a second, but I cannot see what it says at all. Now I cannot view any videos in full screen, cannot play games, because it closes full screen windows when it flashes. I do not know how to find out what the window is? I installed 1 program in last 8 days, but the flash did not start after I installed that program. It started 2 days later.

I have made reboots. It did not help.

I have run Unhackme multiple times, Kaspersky, Advanced Systemcare 6, Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware, I didn't have any real viruses, a few malware turds, a few other random registry turds, anyways, I fixed everything the programs told me to fix. I uninstalled the program I installed around 7-8 days ago. I REALLY really do not want to reinstall Windows.
I used my screen recording software to record my desktop so that I can attempt to stop the video at the time of the window flash to see what it says, but the flash is too fast, it is no use, I cannot see anything.

I would appreciate any help. Ohh also, I just installed 30-40 new updates from windows.

Last edited:
Check the Startup tab in Msconfig.exe, and the Processes tab in Task Manager for anything that looks abnormal.

Back