• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Failure During Printer Installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Unforgiven

I was recently attempting to install a Brother MFC-3100C All-in-one, and the power failed as it was installing the Paperport drivers... Rebooted and it will not allow me to do anything with it, cannot reinstall, or even remove. It allowed me to install another printer, so I don't think it botched anything in windows up. But I really need to remove and reinstall the 3100C. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

I am installing it from a disk, and it does give me both options, and neither will work. It gives me an error message: Operation could not be completed due to a failed installation.

well, then...3 things

#1: format and just redo the entire ting

#2: live with it

#3: get a large hammer. buy a new printer. like an HP. and get pickles, your wife told me to tell you that.

Hmm... 3 things?

#1: Just did that, about an hour before installed that printer.... don't really want to again...

#2: Not my printer, nor computer...

#3: My suggestion as well... And I'm not married.

Well, if you just reformatted and reinstalled, it should be easy at this point. You should have everything you need readily at hand.

Otherwise, have you tried manually deleting any directories the installation created before the outage? Try that, then see if it will install again. If it still fails, find registry entries it created, delete those, and then try again.

If it still fails, suck it up and reformat. :)

Tried all of those things, even sifted through the registry looking for anything related to that printer. I guess they'll just have to use their ancient Cannon Bubble Jet printer for awhile, or bite the bullet and reformat.

Back