• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poweredge 6600 Mod ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albaholic

This thing is a beast.... I got 2 of these from a DRMO military acution, one of them still has 3x 600watt psu's. Its been stripped of its hard drives, due to the military data on it. Unfortunately, the case is locked shut. (they dont have/didnt provide the keys) Punks even took the Xeon out of it. I got everything as is. So im kind of stuck with this 100lbs paper weight. When I drill the lock, (or find some other way to get it open). I'll post better/more pix. Any ideas? I was thinking about putting my dual xeon setup in there. not exactly ATX compliant though.

Attachments

• HPIM0900.JPG
    HPIM0900.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 237
  • HPIM0901.JPG
    HPIM0901.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 199
Pull out an unused ATX mobo tray and rivet it into those nice server boxes?

With all that room, you could madly WC everything, keeping everything internal. Dual W/C-ed Xeons sounds nice.

I really like the simple look of the case. How much did you pay for each case?

How do you plan to drill/hammer out the lock without damaging whatever the lock is attached to?

Perhaps some casters are in order if you plan on going to LAN parties.

Its got casters, its still huge. I'll measure the dimensions in a few minutes along with adding more pix. I got
2x poweredge 6600
3x poweredge 6300
1xdell powervault 760N
2x crappy useless IBM AT Comps
for 411 after tax

One of the 6600 has 4gb ram
SCSI card (PCIX)
3X 600watt PSU (48amp on the 12v Line!!!!!)
Missing HDs, Xeons and VRMS

the other one is completely gutted

The 6300s have unknown amount of ram and 2x 500mhz xeons each no HDs
the powervault has nothing but fibre cards and PSU's

I got the dimensions
front to back 28"
top to bottm 18"
Depth 12"

Attachments

• HPIM0904.JPG
    HPIM0904.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 137
  • HPIM0905.JPG
    HPIM0905.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 137
  • HPIM0906.JPG
    HPIM0906.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 134
The first group of pics don't show just how massive those servers are. The second group you can compare it to the other stuff around the case.

Gotta throw you dual xeons in there, water pumps, big *** rads, and you whole half case of deltas. And you have room left to add a easy bake oven. lol

heh why dont u donate your xeons to a good cause then? :p You know how much I would like to do all of that (especially the easy bake oven) ...monetary donations also accepted. For only pennies a day, you could help feed a hungry OC'er.

does that mean if i get the VRMS i get to have ur xeons? BTW i just ordered 2x 73gb scsi 10krpm drives :)

Back