• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

prescott vs northwood pricing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Como

how come every place i see the 3.2 northwood retails for more?

( http://www.techbuy.com.au/sitemap/cpu.asp) -example

im looking to buy a 3.2 northwood mobile to replace my 3.2 prescott mobile, and looking for a good price to ask for the prescott (probly ebay)

i naturally assumed the latest and greatest *cough* from intel would cost more, and therefore sell for more.

Any insight? (or an idea of how much a slightl used 3.2 GHZ prescott mobile will go for...that would be helpful)

The reason Northwoods cost more is because Intel stopped manufacturing them. They want everyone to transition to Prescott, so the Prescott is cheaper.

It's all about supply and demand. Less Northwood's floating around equals higher prices for them.

:( thats poo. They are even more on ebay, which makes me mad...I want other people to transition to prescott too, so i can get a northwood and sell off this stupid hot power hole.

Back