• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Primecoin mining thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't think there is any other XPM wallet other than qt.
But I was told that I don't need the wallet to solo? :shrug:
I Must have mis-read. :bang head

From the Readme!!!.txt file:

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SOLO MINING

1. Use official Primecoin wallet with this miner.
2. Wallet setup: copy default "primecoin.conf" file from miner archive to "c:\Users\YourWindowsLoginName\AppData\Roaming\Primecoin" folder, then start wallet. Of course you can change
settings in "primecoin.conf" if you know what you are doing.
3. It is very important to have a lot of connections in Primecoin wallet, otherwise you will have many orphaned blocks.
So if you have only 8 active connections, you need to allow incoming connections, check related topics about it.

I know but I asked somewhere here on OVF If you need the wallet to use claymore's XPM miner.

The answer was no.

I can't find that post though :-/

Correction, I got 2 in the first half hour. One has just cleared the confirms. The other should be in a few minutes.

Correction, I got 2 in the first half hour. One has just cleared the confirms. The other should be in a few minutes.

what took me 3 months on CPU's, you achieved in 1.5 hours..

Congrats! :D
Soloing is fun I hear :)

Thanks, I'm not sure what is going on though. I've got 2 primecoin windows that show about the same average cpd numbers, and the scrollback only goes back to about the half hour mark. But it took another hour to show up in my wallet for one, and the other hasn't yet. It is still immature, and has about 3172 blocks to go for maturity.

edit: I guess the other was an orphan.

Thanks, I'm not sure what is going on though. I've got 2 primecoin windows that show about the same average cpd numbers, and the scrollback only goes back to about the half hour mark. But it took another hour to show up in my wallet for one, and the other hasn't yet. It is still immature, and has about 3172 blocks to go for maturity.

edit: I guess the other was an orphan.

check the wallet tomorrow. if it ain't there... :cry:

You can see them in the wallet. They should show up right away. Look in the transactions tab. It will show how long until confirmed.

Ok, I looked it up in the blockchain explorer, and I still had the block in my scrollback

prime.png

The other client that looked like it had one seem to be having a glitch on it average cpd calculation

prime2.png

torin, what speeds do you have your 280xs running at? Mine are only pulling about 3.5cpd at 1070/1500 (same as what I run scrypt)

torin, what speeds do you have your 280xs running at? Mine are only pulling about 3.5cpd at 1070/1500 (same as what I run scrypt)

They are running between 1030 and 1100.

Got another block overnight, so about 15 XPM in 8 hours or so.

Yeah it's taking forever. I've had a payout of 10 from the hours I was at ypool with 25 more waiting to payout. I'm now doing solo and in less than 24 hours I've earned about 45 xpm, but not a single one is confirmed yet all are immature. I currently have 20 active connections on my prime client but if anyone has a big conf file with a ton of nodes please post it up :)

Also, overnight for some reason my primecoin-qt lost connection to the network (apparently) all of my rigs weren't doing anything despite it being on and connected to the network. Had to force close the qt and re-open before they connected again.

It does take a long time to confirm, though block time is up pretty high due to the miner improvements, so around 48 hours is pretty close.

Well, the two blocks are about halfway mature, but no new blocks since last night. I've got 15 connections to the network, so I guess it is just taking its time.

I have about 35 cpd total from 2 rigs. I have only picked up one today, but got 5 yesterday.

I've mined 5 blocks so far today with about 35cpd across 2 rigs.

I mined a couple yesterday but also was on ypool for multiple hours and had down time for an undermined amount of time over night this morning.

Back