• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Printer sharing on windows 2008 server 64bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

10XTriplet

Disabled
I have a Windows 2008 64bit server setup as a print server. When I try to map printers to my XP machines and point to the correct XP driver it fails. However when I connect directly to it via the IP address of the printer it works fine and W7 machines have no issues either.. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Are you loading 32bit drivers on the print server?

It will not let me.. barks telling me the driver is not right one.. Either if I try to add it to the server or map the printer to the XP machine. When I do it direct to the IP, naturally it works..

Which printer is this for? I've seen problems with specific print drivers.

If there are universal drivers available, I'd suggest using those as they play a lot nicer across OS platforms.

Which printer is this for? I've seen problems with specific print drivers.

If there are universal drivers available, I'd suggest using those as they play a lot nicer across OS platforms.

Any. Lexmark D530, HP 3015, Phaser 3300mfp. I can't seem to find anything about it on Google either... Strange that no one has done this..

Back