• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with biostar ta 770

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leo5111

it has a 9550 quad in it and a ati 3450 HD video card,accesing stuff on second drive or unraring stuff is horribly slow and sometimes it seems to unrar and access stuff fine. its on bios defaults,i didnt do anything to it but turn off floppy support because i dont have 1. wondering what the issue is? its not the hard drives 2 differnt brand new drives same issue pops up :bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

it has a 9550 quad in it and a ati 3450 HD video card,accesing stuff on second drive or unraring stuff is horribly slow and sometimes it seems to unrar and access stuff fine. its on bios defaults,i didnt do anything to it but turn off floppy support because i dont have 1. wondering what the issue is? its not the hard drives 2 differnt brand new drives same issue pops up :bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

are your sata cables good? have you tried a fresh copy of widows installed? use something like HD TUNE or HD TACH to be sure you can rule out its not your HDDs . brand new HDDS can be bad ya know. prime95 it, PCMarks it.

That mobo has 4 sata ports, have you tried plugging the drive in question into a diff port and see if the problem persists? Check all cables to make sure they are seated and not damaged? Bios fully updated?

Even if you're running stock values I'd set them in BIOS - just to make sure the board isn't changing things on you (it shouldn't but you never know) ...

How much ram are you running?

Have you done a through check for malware?

Back