• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with new cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wichipristian

Hi guys,
I have huge problem, yesterday i changed my stock cooler from a phenom II x4 965 because this one was noisy has hell to an Antec Kuhler Shelf. Well, what happened was that when i replace the cooler , it started giving me a problem... Few minutes later of having powered the pc , it stops running and goes to rest, here the pc doesn't shut down whereas the cooler reduces RPM and stays "resting", and the video signal stops. If i shut down and turn on the pc again it shows me a message about having energy problems and if i wish to put bios in a default state.

-- Motherboard M4A88td
-- CPU phenom II x4 3.4 Ghz
-
**** Sorry for my Rusty English, i don't speak and write as i should have.
Thanks for your help.

I would double check the mount of the cooler on the CPU, it sounds like it may be overheating due to not being seated/mounted properly.

+1 To reseating the cpu cooler... might want to check the TIM application as well (hopefully you used some TIM)

i will remount the cooler and check the TIM < i did use it and applied it gently as well> ...
i'll comment back
thx

i will remount the cooler and check the TIM < i did use it and applied it gently as well> ...
i'll comment back
thx

I've just remount everything and im getting the same problem. sometimes it appears a blue screen that shows a msg about a hardware being wrong installed .... I have check everything i haven't found nothing wrong .
What else can it be?

I dont think it would even POST if you put the CPU in wrong, take the cpu out and make sure there isnt anything in the socket like debris or TIM or broken pins... also check the underside of the cpu for TIM. Then do it again.

Back