• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with Fedora 11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris_F

I've used 9 and 10 and had no problem, but I can't seem to get Compiz-Fusion working now on 11.

First things first, I guess the Livna repositories are defunct, and it would appear people are now using RPMFusion (this caused a lot of headache until I fanially figured this out)

Next, I read that people where now using akmod-nvidia instead of kmod-nvidia. I used YUM to install akmod then I downloaded and installed all of the compiz/compiz-fusion and emerald packages and their dependencies along with compiz-manager.

The first time I ran compiz-manager it enabled the compiz effects, but not with emerald. However, I have not been able to get compiz-manager to work since. Every time I run it, I loose everything but the background and have to restart. After this compiz would complain about not having the proper video drivers, so I uninstalled akmod and replaced it with kmod. With akmod glxgears was 250fps and with kmod its 9500fps.

I've also tried 'compiz --replace & emerald --replace' and as far as I can tell, the compiz effects are working, and emerald says it's running, but there are no window boarders.

This had all been one giant headache and there is no support that I can find for FC11 yet.

I don't have much experience with either of those nvidia drivers. I usually grab the official ones from nvidia. Consider trying that out and see how it works.

Back