• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with new build ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TorqueRanger

I started to build my system today and when I tried to get the rig to post I would get no signal on my screen .. But the fans starts up and everything seems like it's running but I can't get anything to show up on the screen... The MB has no onboard video so the video card has to be used..I tried several different thing but couldn't get it work ... I tried different ram and moving the ram around but made no difference .... Any ideas ???
Please help..

Spec-
Case- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 Red Steel
MB-MSI 970 Gaming AM3+ siza ATX
CPU-AMD FX-8320
GPU-Powercolor 280X
OS- Win 7 Ultimate
Heatsink-Spire TherMax Eclipse II
SSD-Samsung 850 EVO
Storage Drive-SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM
Power Supply-Seasonic M12 II Bronze Edition 850W PSU
Ram-G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

Do you have another video card to test with? Another rig to test the card on? Are all of the power connections made?

This one might sound silly, but it's been done. Are you sure that the connections on the back of the monitor are good?

Do you have another video card to test with? Another rig to test the card on? Are all of the power connections made?

This one might sound silly, but it's been done. Are you sure that the connections on the back of the monitor are good?
I sold my last video card and I have another rig I could try the card on but I check everything but still nothing .. Don't worry about stupid things happening cause I once had a cpu that would not load cause it got to hot cause the fan cord was between the heat and cpu..

I suggest a bare bones check. CPU, GPU, 1 stick of ram, nothing else. See if it'll boot to at least the bios.

I check the MB with my old AMD 4870 X2 which I completely forgot I had but I loaded it up and got a 99 error code in bottom right hand corner..What does mean ??

Well, I'm in the process of downloading your manual, but holy crap is MSI's server slow. It's estimating it'll take between 7-10 minutes to download 6.9MB (mind you I'm on a 30mb/s connection). Ridiculous...

Edit: So, that manual doesn't even have a troubleshooting section... MSI, that's 2 fails in one shot.

A little bit of googling leads me to the thinking that it's a short. Have you tried building it outside of the case yet? That's going to have to be the next step. If you have, and your still getting error 99 or blank screens, it's looking like a dead board to me...

Last edited:
POST codes, I believe, are the same through MFG... ;)

Just find what kind of bios you have (AMI, etc) and check out the google machine (I would but I am literally walking out the door).

Back