• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Metal Slug

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks good Slug. The lighting is nice... case work is nice... hell it's just a nice job!!

Captain Slug said:
I would probably be happiest working for Silverstone. As far as I'm concerned, their configurations and craftsmanship are unmatched.

most definetly, they're cheaper than lian li in most cases and in some cases look nicer.

Great job. I really like how you put covers all over your motherboard. I think you may have inspired me to put some of that in my next project. The black coating is very sexy, where did you have it done? edit: i see you had it done at bonehead Performance.... I thought that was some sort of insult to a performance site, lol. Oops.

datura3 said:
Great job. I really like how you put covers all over your motherboard. I think you may have inspired me to put some of that in my next project. The black coating is very sexy, where did you have it done? edit: i see you had it done at bonehead Performance.... I thought that was some sort of insult to a performance site, lol. Oops.

Bonehead's a good shop, i had all my powdercoating done there for my PC.

Tiny update. I've been too sore to move around much. Last night I got the top piece of the case painted because I didn't want any naked steel visible. The only remaining patch will be above the optical drive.
0089.jpg
And I had to retool the hard drive bracket because it wasn't fitting the drivecage.
0088.jpg
WarriorII said:
PS: got any cake left?
The cake was all eaten within 3 days of my baking it.

Last edited:
Better question is would he make someone a full case? I mean he helps people out with parts, i know that much first hand. But case mods are kind of a creators thing... if you don't have a hand in the majority of the work, its a lot less satisfying. I have a feeling that may be a common sentiment among modders.

But slug might be trying to get rid of one of his older cases ;)
If i had the need for another case i'd have taken his old case off his hands.

Wow, you're still going strong on this mod, its turning out perfectly. My favorite part is the back I/O port, it looks so bad ***. I love how every post or every other post by you is "I made this to hold that " or "I retooled this"

I imagine my hands would be hurting too after making all of these brackets/redoing the loop/taking the case apart a few times.
I'm very glad you stuck to the project, and i cant wait to see the absolute finished product, its going to be great im sure.

I had too many things to do over the weekend through until today and tonight I'm feeling crummy. I'm hoping I will have enough physical momentum to complete this machine tomorrow. Everything needed for this machine is already made aside from one cosmetic part, so all that's really left to do is put it together.
Sleepy_Steve said:
Better question is would he make someone a full case?
Well, once Metal Slug and Mk.6 are finished I have a very ambitious project that;s not computer related. The next computer case on the horizon I am hoping to design in a way that should make it fairly easy for anyone with a small collection of tools to make one of their own. I won't get around to designing that case for a while though.
I would like to look into getting some sponsors or clients for upcoming projects. I have way more than enough computers of my own and I don't foresee needing to build myself a machine for another few years. Mk.6 effectively will be the platform I will stick with for quite some time because I designed in the ability to replace any individual part without it affecting the others.

Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Something is going around here as well. *sniff

Do we get to see some final picts of the finished machine? :bday:

- Blackstar

Haha, oops. I almost sliced off the end of my thumb with an X-acto knife (there was blood EVERYWHERE in the bathroom). Had I not run into my nail I would be in the emergency room getting stitches or even a skin graft. So thanks to my miraculously fast wound-closing abilities I probably won't even have a scar.
0090.jpg
This happened as I was finishing up the wiring, so the machine is 99.99% finished. Kind of hard to get the last few parts plugged in using only one hand. I'll probably have some more pics later tonight or tomorrow evening.

Captain Slug said:
Haha, oops. I almost sliced off the end of my thumb with an X-acto knife (there was blood EVERYWHERE in the bathroom). Had I not run into my nail I would be in the emergency room getting stitches or even a skin graft. So thanks to my miraculously fast wound-closing abilities I probably won't even have a scar.
0090.jpg
This happened as I was finishing up the wiring, so the machine is 99.99% finished. Kind of hard to get the last few parts plugged in using only one hand. I'll probably have some more pics later tonight or tomorrow evening.

Best of luck on your recovery :)

i got a swiss army knife for christmas when i was little, and that very day i cut my middle finger with it...pretty bad...wouldn't stop bleeding. I still have the scar from it.

I feel your pain.

Back