• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Proud Owner of White Water Block Number #76

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The grace given by White Water

The grace given by White Water makes my 2400+ @ 14x182mhz = 2548mhz 2.00vcore

wcpuid2.gif

mbm5a.gif

sandra_mm2.gif

sandra_cpu2.gif

Re: Re: The grace given by White Water

Since87 said:

And before WW it was?

It was 12x185mhz= 2220mhz on MAZE3

Since87 said:

Elusion what 3dmarks are you getting?

Not that impressive, I am waiting for my Corsiar XMS PC3500c2 to RMA back to me, then I can run 200mhz FSB or more.

Judging by your temp difference and your oc difference, I'd say that you must of had the maze 3 on backwards. the WW is a great block, but its not that great.

Freeloader said:
Judging by your temp difference and your oc difference, I'd say that you must of had the maze 3 on backwards. the WW is a great block, but its not that great.

Not even I will state that the WW is that much better than a Maze 3. It's not. Elusion's Maze 3 results should've been at least 5C lower than what he's seen.

Elusion has already stated that the reason for his poor Maze 3 results was due to poor mounting pressure with the socket hold-down mechanism. This just serves to highlight the critical important of good mounting pressure. Even excellent waterblock designs can be totally let down by a poor mounting mechanism.

Ok, I don't have a WhiteWater, or even a liquid rig for that matter, but I will stick by Cathar and his block(how does 'In Cathar we trust' sound?). I've read every(or I think every) post concerning this block, and it demolishes all other blocks(maybe exceptions for those hidden DIY blocks). Cyclone, Maze and the ilk.

Elusion, your cats liked it so much. . . did you try it?
"White Water, a block for all species."

Last edited:
Freeloader said:

Ouch that hurts. I didn't mount my MAZE3 backwards. You can only mount MAZE3 with the socket holddown device one way only. I just can't get is enough pressure on the die. The MAZE3 wiggles if I jiggle the tubings. I tried add extra washer but didn't help. Instruction on how to mount a maze3 was poor and no doubt in my mind that if I used the 4 socket hole mounting method, maze3 would perform better but I am a noob and I just can get that socket holddown device working right and that maze3 can't be used 4 hole mounting anymore, the only way is to get more pressure is to get extra spring or nut down method.

Originally posted by FreeloaderMolybdym
how does 'In Cathar we trust' sound .......
"White Water, a block for all species."

No comments, I like WW but I don't worship it.

Originally posted by Watch22
Your making me want to pull out the credit card and spend money!!!"

It's your $ and your decision. :D I can only say WW works great for me and I like it very much.

Ouch that hurts. I didn't mount my MAZE3 backwards. You can only mount MAZE3 with the socket holddown device one way only.

The fact that you used a socket holddown must of slipped by me (so much for my speed reading course). I can see how it wouldn't be possible to mount backwards.

The biggest drawback of 1/2" tubing is it can be difficult to tell how much tension (pushing or pulling) you are putting on the block. Combine that with a loose mount and it could be next to impossible to get balanced pressure.

Fortunatly for you, all is good now. You have a great block and a great chip. 2560 is a nice O.C.

Back