• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Qpack case , power supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Agashka

Hey guys , im new to this forum as you can see but it seems awesome :)

So i readed many topics here about the Qpack 420w power supply , but i am still not sure about it... Im planing to buy one then add a new powersupply (many suggest the rosewill 500w) but im still not sure... Here what i am gonna put in this case:

-AMD 3800+ DC
-Corsair XMS 2GB Ram
-WD 250GB Caviar (sata2)
-Asus A8N-VM
-Geforce 7800GT(that might eat up all the juice)
-Cold Cathode kit

I see that you guys are expert in that, so that why i am asking your opignon on that , i ave not bought it yet , an i dont want ave to order thousand of things after i would ave buy it.
I am willing to install zero optical drive and use an external one , just for fit a new power supply , a am willing to pay up to 150$ for a new powersupply.
So what you guys suggest me?
-the reason i buy a qpack is that i need a small case that i will bring with me when i go at my mom/dad house , easy to move...

Agashka said:
Basicaly , any powersupply would fit on it right? Even my current Mid-Tower ATX power supply? (if i dont put Optical drives...)

thanks
You need a shorter 170mm (Liteon) optical drive and right angle molex adaptors.
Then a regular size power supply should fit.

You can use the shorter drive that Audioaficionado mentioned with a regular sized power supply. I suggest the fortron 500w power supply, the same size (or smaller) as the rosewill500w but much more powerful and can handle a single gfx card easily.

Hum well , i just calculated my pc cost and its over my budget , i recently bought a Antec 450w power supply:
+5v 40A
+12v 25A
+3.3v 28A

would this be enought to power all the specs listed on the first post?

Back