• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quake 4 in game Screenshot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
been playing and its just like doom 3. Just different weapons but its really got the doom 3 feel and look. Cheats are the same and controls from the menu's to the gameplay are really just like doom 3.

But overall its a pretty good game but being released a day after F.E.A.R really put the pressure on this game to be good.

For me... Im gonna finish out Fear then maybe ill continue this game when I have time. It jsut didnt suck me in like fear.

I find FEAR to be lot like HL2, but this isn't a "what do theses games feel like?" thread, so I'll leave it be.

Here in Idaho FEAR and Quake 4 were released on the same day, so I just bought both, no harm done. I'm to scared to finish FEAR really quickly, so we'll see how it goes. =\

Yea im gonna be upset too when i beat fear. Ill probably play all over again with cheats and extreme difficulty.

UT 2007 is going to kick Quake's butt this round - WAY to much like Doom 3 as stated above, just meh, not that impressed tus far - but i will try it for multiplayer :D

I supposed a better way to put it would be, Quake 4 is more life like and interactive than Doom 3. And with with several crazy events happening, it keeps the story line going well enough to want the player to continue playing.

And you arn't on mars, you're on the home world of the Strogg, Stroggos. ;)

I'm playing so many games at once, I haven't even really started on Quake 4. I played Multiplayer for a few hours, it's fun but basically Quake 3 on the Doom 3 engine. It is fun though I'll give it that and great way to get good at FPS due to it being very fast pace.

I dont have my new puter yet, so I am gonna play Quake II.

Then later I will go to a friends house (who has a better computer) and play some QIV with him.

lol 9mm. Me and my friend who bought Quake 4 have the t-shirt to. Awesome thing to add to my video game memorabilia.

bit off topic but seeing this gun in the game makes me wish someone would make a total annihilation fps

bigaagun.jpg

I got this game and it is way cool. I run 1280x1024 at high settings with all the advanced options on except for shadowing and the AA. I cant even run 1024x768 at medium graphics with shadows on, it eats my rig like nothing. But im satisfied with it for now. I think im gonna wait to get fear till this christmas when i will get my new rig, so i can finally run games like that with shadows on, lol.

here's a few screens of a ship coming in to land that i thought was pretty dope
hanniblelanding.jpg

zoomed in on it's guns
hanniblegunz.jpg

up close
bigship.jpg

Back