• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about laptop specs and processor and gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Then get the Blade. Just remember your posting on a more budget and performance focused forum, so the advice we give you is going to be biased towards that. We want as much power as we can get for as little money as possible, and most don't care about much else.

I've heard of some games glitching on Windows 8. I'd stick to 7 personally.

Wasn't that more related to AMD CPUs though?

So the Blade it is. Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it. :D

Edit: Wait, will the Blade overheat quickly since it more compact?

I honestly don't know much about it, no personal experience. I just have used several Windows 8 devices and i just don't like it. 7 is just my personal preference.

I have no clue about the Blades cooling system. Like I said, smaller space = harder to remove heat. But it has to do with how well designed the laptop is as well.

So the Blade it is. Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it. :D

I'd still look around for an in-between solution. Just saying that because the Razor will have you pay for things you do not seem to care for.

I honestly don't know much about it, no personal experience. I just have used several Windows 8 devices and i just don't like it. 7 is just my personal preference.

I agree 120% on that. First time I booted a Win 8 lappy at work was a terrible experience. I'm curious about some options it offers on laptops, as you may remember from my own laptop post :D , but one thing is sure my PC is not about to upgrade to it!

I'd still look around for an in-between solution. Just saying that because the Razor will have you pay for things you do not seem to care for.

Frankly, he just seems like a non-power user with a lot of money who wants a really "nice" powerful laptop. That's the market the Blade caters too. Yes it's overpriced and for all practicality, a terrible buy, but some people are willing to pay anyway. Given his requirements, it fits. Nothing else is that slim and that powerful.

Back