• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Question about Microsoft Office

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0sT-NoVa

Hey guys , i was wondering, since i building a new PC, i have an original copy of Microsoft Office installed on my current DELL PC ( i have the disc and i install it after obtaining my DELL PC , it doesn't come inside with the PC )

So i was wondering , can i delete it on my DELL , and take the disc and install it on my new PC ? ?

It works right not like Windows OEM version :shrug:

Depending on which version you have, if it is one that allows license transfer then you would uninstall from old computer install on new and use phone activation, explaining that you are doing a license transfer from an old computer, and they would give you a new key if your version allows for this.

In other words, depending on which version of office, depending if it is OEM (limited to a single motherboard) vs. retail, and limitations printed on packaging this may work but you will have to call.

= =" OMG i didn't know the Office also have OEM and Full Retail !

Wao Microsoft its such a scam ! I will have to check on that then.

In that case i think i will know the answer if its OEM then zzzzz no idea what im going to do lol. My old PC well currently still using its still kicking. I would need to buy another monitor i guess just for this PC to use it , since im using back this current monitor for my new PC.

But i got a bad feeling its going to be OEM , i bought it for like less than a 100 USD if not mistaken. And since coming from DELL zzz i mean even their Windows is OEM in their PC which they sell zz

Tks for the help then

Back